back to article Capita's head of tech solutions resigns

The head of Capita’s technology solutions division Simon Furber is the most recent capo to leave the biz. His departure comes as the outsourcing Goliath issued its first ever profit warning in which it blamed a drop-off in the reseller businesses in the IT Enterprise Services subsidiary for a £30m shortfall in sales. A Capita …

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

No 'bites the dust'

Just another player in the corporate merry-go-round.

Paris because even she could do a better job that some of these 'C' level execs.

2. Detective Emil
    Go

Just hang on in there, Capita!

There's bound to be some juicy government contracts coming up because of a need to impede things currently moving freely: people, goods, services, patents …

3. ColonelClaw

They actually had a head of tech solutions?

1. swarfega

It's like the ISIS head of cocktail parties and cultural sensitivity? :D

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ex-Head of Crapita Tech Solutions?

Wouldn't want that on my CV...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ex-Head of Crapita Tech Solutions?

I used to work in the early 00s with a guy who turned up and said to me he he used to work for Arthur Andersen Accountants. The others couldn't understand why I was giving him slightly shocked looks .... I'm not sure even he understood why there would be anything at all interesting in that ;)

5. adam payne

What can we blame for our profits being down?, I know let's blame Brexit just like loads of other companies are.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'Lah, lah lah I'm not listening'

>I know let's blame Brexit just like loads of other companies are.

Yep, Brexit has been great for the exporters who don't import raw materials or fuel. The FTSE is up. 3% inflation by 2017 end is good for savers and mortgages are too cheap anyway. The Pound has been overvalued since the mid-70's anyway. The banks were always going to Frankfurt. Nissans are crap. Everything's coming up roses.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: 'Lah, lah lah I'm not listening'

You mean the Brexit that hasn't happened yet?

6. smudge
    Headmaster

Holely incorrect

"A Capita mouthpiece said..."

Given the company, surely that's the wrong end of the alimentary canal?

7. thomas k

Solutions?

Must've been part of the problem then.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I live in Barnet

......AKA the London Borough of Capita.

I hardly need to say any more than that, really, but clearly their business model is to persuade gullible organisations that they can provide the same service cheaper, then provide a poorer service at same or greater cost, by subcontracting their work to as small a number of people as they can get away with without actually leaving their offices so empty that squatters move in.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like