back to article $100 credit for Note 7 owners

Samsung America's giving US$100 to those who hand in their Galaxy Note 7 and buy another of its products. The company's new plea for Note 7 owners to hand over their inflammatory phablets says "As a sign of our appreciation for your patience and loyalty, we are offering up to a $100 bill credit from select carrier or retail …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire so to speak.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Why? I don't personally like Samsung phones, ( too heavily modified software, most of the time for no real reason), however there are many that do, and the S7 edge is a very fine phone, better than anything apple has to offer.

Getting $100 back if you go for that, seems like a decent deal.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Holmes

Oh really?

If you hand in your Note 7 and buy another brand, you get just $25.

Well, the thing is not fit for purpose, so how come I don't get a full refund in cash?

3. hi_robb
    Mushroom

Hmm

So Samsung owners could end up with another 100 notes burning a hole in their pockets...

4. Down not across

Rip-off britain

So yanks get compensation. In UK first we were denied Note 5. Now they've pulled Note 7 (not entirely unreasonable, but they could've investigated and no doubt resolved the issue even if it took bit longer than couple of weeks). No additional compensation offered in UK.

1. paulf
      Meh

Re: Rip-off britain

AIUI it wasn't officially released in the UK at the time they gave up so I can understand them being less inclined to offer payouts.

That said there is prior art on this kind of thing. Left pondian VW Diesel owners are getting their engines fixed and something like US$1000+ compensation. Right pondian owners (like me - my car has an EA189 engine in it) are still waiting for the sodding fix and probably won't see a fucking penny out of them. I'm not a big fan of the opulent compensation culture but they should treat all affected owners roughly the same not limit payouts to the most rabidly litigious.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon