back to article Google hires comedians

Google hired comedians to make its "Assistant" virtual AI service more engaging, according to The Wall Street Journal. The Journal's report says Google has hired folks with experience working for satirical news service The Onion and at animated film production house Pixar. The comedians have apparently been brought aboard to …

1. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

Google hires comedians

They've been busy programming the new YouTube GUI.

2. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Microsoft ...

... is going to sue over the misappropriation of their UI design methodology.

3. Captain DaFt

Nope, nope and NOPE!

I don't need a frekn 'Plastic pal that's fun to be with'.

I need it to do what I need it to do with minimal fuss, so I can get on with my life.

I have a favorite pub and good friends to supply all the witty banter I could crave, with the added bonus that none of them (That I know of ;)), send every bit of data they can gather about me to Google.

1. Ralph B

Re: Nope, nope and NOPE!

Oh, go stick your head in a pig!

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Nope, nope and NOPE!

"Oh, go stick your head in a pig!"

OK, I'm confused.

Was that an H2G2 reference, or are you mistaking me for a certain politician?

4. Oengus

So that is where Google are looking for their new executive team.

1. jake Silver badge

Dunno about executive team ...

... but the gooHR department was pretty hilarious when they tried to recruit me ;-)

5. Joe Gurman

Can you say, "Bob?"

I knew you could.

6. Your alien overlord - fear me

"Ok Google... I'm have a heart attack - dial 999 please"

"(thinks - medical related...) Have you read the stories about the junior doctors?"

"Are you having a fucking laugh? Dial 999"

"Alright, alright. Just trying to lighten the mood. Do you know you can get a BUPA subscription....."

7. Mage Silver badge

Clowns

Nothing to do with scary Clown craze?

8. Big_Boomer Silver badge

"OK Google, please show me the nearest petrol station"

"Brain the size of a planet and you ask me to show you the nearest petrol station. Call that job satisfaction? ‘Cos I don’t. And then of course I’ve got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side.”

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon