back to article Plain chocolate could help your heart

A tiny helping of dark chocolate could help keep your heart healthy, a study suggests. Researchers from the University of Cologne studied the effect of a very small amount of chocolate, eaten every day, on the blood pressure of four adults with borderline high blood pressure. Each participant was given a square of dark …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Stag

So how much it that...?

How much chocolate is "30 milligrams of polyphenols", exactly?

2. David Shaw

2 squares...

Radio France Info was advising 2 squares of Dark Choccie per day,

they didn't specify how dark - from 75% to 99.9% is available!

in fact at the local Chocolate Factory in Lugano, it is possible to eat the actual chocolate beans, nice taste!!

3. CharleyBoy

It may be called chocolate...

It may be called chocolate, it may be the purest chocolate around, but anything 80% and above isn't chocolate - it's bakelite

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How about deep fried ?

I wonder if it's still good for you if it's deep fried in batter, in that fine old Glaswegian tradition of high fat cooking.

5. andy gibson

size

As squares can be varying sizes can we have the exact piece dimensions in relation to football pitches?

6. DZ-Jay

Re: It may be called chocolate...

CharleyBoy,

Actually, the original food, as prepared by the Aztecs and other Meso-American indians, from where the Europeans even got the name Xocoatl, was a pretty bitter concoction of mostly pure cacao beans. I know that the EU members have some dispute over what exactly constitutes a modern chocolate product, but this is intended for market and trade controls, and has no bearing on the actual definition and etymology of the word.

In my own personal opinion, higher grade and darker chocolate is immensely superior to the "common" kind. And I even appreciate superbly exotic twists on the original version, flavored with chili and other herbs and spices.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tennis Courts Please

Those of us who read the broadsheets would like it in relation to tennis courts please, not like the tabloid riff-raff with their football pitches (which vary in size).

This topic is closed for new posts.