back to article Yahoo! Mail! down?! Great! timing! as! more! US! senators! dogpile! hacked! web! giant!

Yahoo!'s embattled mail service was dealt another blow Tuesday when an outage hit users worldwide. Data from outage monitors DownDetector and Outage.Report back up multiple reports from users that the service was knocked offline for a period of time earlier this morning US time, or afternoon for those in Europe. Y mientras el …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

Definitely listing to port

So will this service now be renamed "The Bismarck"?

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: Definitely listing to port

Titanic

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Given how self induced their problems are, the Admiral Graf Spee is a better fit.

2. Mr Dogshit

Which port? TCP port 80?

2. x 7

remember that thread that got censored and involved Ms Mayer and ginger? Looks like its needed now to get some action out of her....

1. CAPS LOCK

stll down

at least for me

3. psychonaut

compalints

about free services always make me laugh. how much are you paying? whats that? fuck all? hmmm...guess how much support / reliability you're going to get? yes thats right....it begins with f and ends with uckall

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: compalints

Reminds me of that saying "if you're not paying then you're the product". So it is 'free' in the sense one doesn't pay directly, but when millions of people depend on the 'free' service (monetized by ads and mass data collection) complaints about outages are not invalid.

1. psychonaut

Re: compalints

thats fair, but pay peanuts etc

4. sjsmoto

Definitely pot/kettle here, seeing how the personal information for all US gov't federal employees was hacked recently.

5. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Boardroom Discussion

"How do we ensure this kind of hack never ever happens again?"

"Switch off the servers containing all the messages."

"Right. Let's do it."

6. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"asking Yahoo! chief executive Marissa Mayer to provide them with an explanation as to why the Purple Palace took so long to find and disclose the hack"

I don't know why it took them so long but I'm sure the shareholders are glad they didn't find it before they got the offer from Verizon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I really don't care about this matter, probably should...don't. However, I've thought that this is the answer the entire week. Let me add a question to your theory (which is probably fact)...how could of Verizon not of known as well? Maybe someone should look over there too, just in case.

1. AlexS

You miss the point. Verizon owns Yahoo. It is always Verizon now. And frankly this sort of BS couldn't go to a more deserving cause.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"You miss the point. Verizon owns Yahoo."

Has the sale actually gone through yet? It could be the sort of thing that emerged in the course of due diligence.

7. Ole Juul
    Joke

It's always been down for me.

Never had a Yahoo! account.

8. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge
    Trollface

Wife's got a Yahoo! account... but I'm sticking to Gmail.

Maybe it's time to migrate her off her Yahoo...

9. Flywheel

Not running on Talktalk broadband are they?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like