back to article T-Mobile wins iPhone Germany exclusive, paper claims

A German newspaper has claimed that Apple's iPhone will be coming to Europe through a deal with local carrier T-Mobile. The Rheinische Post yesterday said T-Mobile will offer the handset in Germany on 1 November, pricing it at around €450 ($613/£304), though it's not clear whether that's for the 4GB model or the 8GB version …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Shepherd

„Kein Kommentar”

From reading the original (German) article I think the price was the newspaper's guess.

$100 markup seems a bit low, but then the US$ is pretty weak.

Of course US price quotes don't include tax, so if the speculation is correct it would be fair. I'd still be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.onmyiphone.com/

2. paulm

Unfair Monopoly?

I can't help but feel that locking consumers into a single operator (Vodafone, T-Mobile, AT&T or otherwise) is promoting an unfair monopoly.

The iPhone is a phone, therefore is should work on any phone network. Artificially restricting it to a single network is unfair to consumers.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What planet are you on?

Its fairly normal for Networks to pay good money for a period of exclusivity on a new Phone.

Monopoly is rubbish - there are plenty more phones around that do the job.

Get some perspective. Its just another phone at the end of the day.

They will be appearing unlocked on Ebay soon anyway.

4. Neil Jones

PNGs

Don't know if the german newspaper article already says this, but apparently the US iPhone already includes the T-Mobile and Vodafone logo graphics in its ROM...

5. Jamie Swithenbank

Hmmmm I wonder

What would happen if you got an e.g. German iPhone and then tried to use it with a US T-Mobile Sim? might that do the trick?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like