back to article Speaking in Tech: Testing data center fire snuffer and... and pow! I just s$%t my pants

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise This week on our tech-cast, Ed and Greg are joined by Podcast Idol Gabe Chapman to discuss HP snagging Samsung printers, Dell layoffs and big bangs. Our special guest this week is Mike Dvorkin, Distinguished Engineer at Cisco - Co-founder and Chief Scientist for Insieme …

1. streaky

Loud Noises

I doubt it's loud noise causing a failure, more likely to be the pressure differential and it is extremely common with fire suppression systems in datacenters, it happens literally all the time.

People always reference the Seimens testing when discussing failures caused by suppression systems which blames the noise but testing generally only shows temporary reversible performance degradation.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Loud Noises

Agreed it's the pressure differential. One of our major customers had a similar incident where the fire suppressant system caused a huge pressure differential and they lost hundreds of drives...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like