back to article Microsoft’s stealth scripting engine arrives on Android

m Flow, Microsoft’s stealth-mode scripting engine, has arrived on Android, six weeks after seeping onto iOS. The Flow app is similar to conditional workflow tools like IF (formerly IFTTT) and Tasker, which are far more mature. Strangely, consumer Office 365 accounts aren’t supported – you need to have a “work or school” …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why?

Why woupd you need this functionality? Once the word 'sharepoint' was mentioned the red mist came down for me. Where I work, Sharepoint is known as the graveyard for date. Once it is inside, getting it out is often impossible. MS seems to think that SP is the bees knees. Well in their eyes, it probably is.

I know one thing for sure and that I will never install any app that spies on me for MS on my phone. I got rid of you on all my systems and you ain't coming back EVER.

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: Why?

I despise SP, it seems to be designed by someone who heard of this magical thing called a computer but never has seen one.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I didn't think of it as losing my job...

... it was leaving ShitePoint behind!

In my head is one of those workplace safety signs "NNN days since last ShatePoint exposure"

2. Bob Vistakin
      Facepalm

Hmm, stealthy sneakware from Microsoft, eh?

Gosh, it's almost as if they are trying to embrace, extend then extinguish something.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Re: Why?

"I know one thing for sure and that I will never install any app that spies on me for MS on my phone"

Ahhh someone that prefers Google to slurp all your data.

2. MrTuK

You had better read the T&C's before installing this, because at some later date it will probably try and upgrade you to Win 10 with all the said bloatware like Cortana, Edge etc !

3. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

"Slow to expose their functionality"

Indeed

That would show how little there is to their applications.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pimps and Hookers

We need very wealthy Pimps and supermodel hookers to do sex ed at schools and hand out condoms. I am sure those kids will never get a disease once they are introduced correctly to how the roles are played.

This is the Missing link on iPhones and Android phones, we need a MS vector so that we can get slimed when visiting malware infested sites. We really do need this pain on our phone and tablets, we have been missing the pain we experienced on Windows computers for so long....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The reason that this seems half-baked...

... is that is exactly where Microsoft wants its partners to be, wrapping up all the internal intricacies into bundled tools with, of course, a support contract to boot. That's the way Sharepoint has been positioned since about since the second updated version.

6. Spasticus Autisticus
    Joke

'Microsoft has historically been slow ...' slow? MS? surely not.

7. DJV Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Sod that

The last think I want on my Android phone is more MS crap. It's bad enough that there isn't an option to delete the MS bloatware that came pre-installed on it without rooting it.

8. bombastic bob Silver badge
    FAIL

complete with 'flatso' 2D FLUGLY

it comes complete with the same 'flatso' 2D FLUGLY you see in the "Start Thing" in Win-10-nic. That oversized 'tw[*]tter' icon is a fine example. Whenever I see it I wanna cringe...

9. GrapeBunch

Sharepoint glow

Interesting. The most negative review of Sharepoint I found in a brief survey was this:

https://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/sharepoint-review-31821-by-sam-montoya-csm

two stars out of five, although this snippet seems pretty damning for a business product:

"When installing the R2 update, it did end up creating issues with the .NET code and eliminated some of the extensions. For example, the Excel extension that is used to view Excel spreadsheets within SharePoint was either damaged or deleted. This has caused issues with exporting to and from SharePoint and hasn't been corrected."

But if one didn't read TheReg and relied say on Wikipedia, one might come away with a much more glowing impression.

Personally, I don't mind Windows, but I turn off everything I possibly can, from scripting to indexing. I even paid money for software that would remove IE from Win2K, not sure that's an option any more. The whole relation between MS-OS and MS-add-on-software is invidious, and should have been Anti-Trusted long ago, for everybody's benefit (except perhaps MS's).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like