back to article HTC Q2 sales crash

HTC recorded a fifth quarterly loss in calendar Q2, the Taiwanese handset maker confirmed today. For the quarter ended June, sales collapsed to NT$18.9bn ($597.7m/ £448.8m), down from NT$33bn ($1.04bn/ £783m) in the same period a year ago, as gross margin slumped to 11.4 per cent from 19.3 per cent. The company sold off some …

1. paulf
    Thumb Up

Not even worthy of a main story

The red ink bleeding at HTC is now so routine the stories have been relegated to El Reg's Mini-News section.

Are they still working to their time honoured tradition of releasing a plethora of handsets each year (as they're not sure which will stick), riddled with design faults and bugs (that never get fixed), supported for barely a few months after release then ditched when they can't be arsed any more? I wonder how that's working out for them?

They may have a chance against Samsung (et al) if they created a small number of well designed handsets that receive prompt updates for at least two years with decent support but if they've still not figured that out I don't see things improving for them.

[Note for down voters - I like Android, it's just HTC and their shitty "support" I don't like]

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon