back to article 123-Reg goes TITSUP – again

It seems the wheels of 123-Reg's clown vehicle have fallen off once again. The UK-based web host's website is out of action and customers are reporting a lack of email access. One reader got in touch to say: "Over the past month or so the email service offered by 123-Reg has been up and down and very poor for this small …

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Outsourced techies or in-house techies?

2. RIBrsiq
    Trollface

TITSUP

I think you need a new acronym because right now, this is starting to look pretty usual, to me.

1. Locky

Re: TITSUP

That'll be SNAFU then

1. Commswonk

Or, of course, FUBAR...

1. VinceH

TITSUP still works if you consider the U as standing for Unusual instead of Usual.

2. raving angry loony

Or, of course, FUBAR...

That also falls apart when "not working" is something most of their clients recognize and are intimately familiar with.

The only question I've got is why they still have clients? Are people that lazy and/or desperate that 123 is their only option?

3. Captain DaFt

<snark>Downtime Electronically Verified — Operational Parameters Silent, anyone?</snark>

3. MrKrotos

Been trying to get on 123 this morning to check domain details etc, its been been very iffy all morning, site half loads now but still unusable!

4. Frank Bitterlich

Some customers...

Twitter @123reg: "Some customers may have experienced issues this morning. For more information, please see our status page here: https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/system-status/ …"

Would be more helpful if that status page would actually load...

5. Red Sceptic

They're claiming a "huge scale" DDOS attack:

https://twitter.com/123reg/status/760426324427206656

1. Dave Bell

12:08 BST

I am confused by the various time-stamps scattered through this report.

The DDOS seems to have hit a couple of hours ago, but The Register reports what may be earlier problems. Either 123-Reg didn't notice, or something else has been happening.

Neither is good.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

DDOS, hmmm. We've been here before... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/18/123reg_titsup_customer_vpss_gone/

6. Ambivalous Crowboard
    Pint

Look on the bright side

Those of us who run web hosting & domain registrar companies are having a lovely time.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: Look on the bright side

don't speak too soon.

Be careful what you wish for

etc

etc

7. Sgt_Oddball
    Alert

Hang on.....

The odd thing is, our heart internet server (in the process of being decommissioned) was going slow today too but through the domains we have listed with 123reg.

This really shouldn't be affecting their domain name servers too surely?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hang on.....

VPS server? They are in the same data centre as 123-Reg servers. Same company owns both Heart and 123-Reg.

8. TomChaton

"123-Reg customers is not exactly a stranger to periodic service outages"

This am not good make typings.

9. wolfetone Silver badge
    Trollface

Schadenfreude

I'm bathing in it.

It's your own fault suckers! Should've gone somewhere else after last time. But nooooo

10. localzuk Silver badge

They still have customers?!

Why on Earth are people still using them? There are dozens are companies who offer cheaper and better service!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like