back to article The very latest on the DNC email conspiracy. Which conspiracy? All of them, of course!

It was devastating. Absolutely devastating. It's hard to imagine anyone surviving such a shocking revelation. But they probably will of course. Thanks to their connections, if you know what I mean. What are we talking about? Take your pick because election season is upon us and everyone, absolutely everyone is up to no good …

1. captain_solo

Of course we all know who the real villain is. And she's a goer!

Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge. Wink wink. Say no more!

1. Dadmin
      Mushroom

Also, where are all the birth certificates?! We need to cross-ref those with the United Federation of Planet's List of Questionable Alien Life Forms Currently Loose and Possibly Running for Office in a Nearby Star System That Should Only Be Used For food-class Human Farming. There was a inadvertent release, and now the local's are intending on voting virus-class aliens into high office! This wasn't supposed to happen! Cancel the invasion, this place is not going to survive past seedling stage.

2. MrDamage Silver badge

Gah!

I've barely woken up, and hear you are starting my day by giving me the mental image of Hillary "gittin it oooorn".

Damn you sir. Damn you to the bottom of your sick, twisted soul.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

GASP! The fix was in all along? And the DNC top leadership is anti-Semetic? And the rules were manipulated to keep Bernie from winning? And the top DNC leadership rigged the system so Hillary would win?

Anyone who has had even a passing interest in this race cannot be surprised by any of this. It's so bad, for the first time in modern history the DNC chairperson will not be addressing the convention, being forced tor resign in shame and recuse herself from political life.

And El Reg is spinning this faster than a rigged roulette wheel to desperately downplay this whole disgusting turn of corrupt events?

Here's a quote from the new Democratic National Committee, Donna Brazile: "I will cuss out the Sanders camp!"

1. James O'Shea
        Black Helicopters

Big John, is that you?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Y'know James, I'm not the only person in the world who doesn't think correctly like you.

But I prefer to stay out of a thread built on an article so transparently written to ridicule the enemies of the Left (and Hillary). Smart people can see it for what it is, and then, well, there's the rest of you.

1. WolfFan Silver badge

Ah. A non-denial denial. So it was you, and you're just too chickenshit to admit it.

1. James O'Shea

I didn't expect that he would admit anything. He has yet to produce anything to support his 'black thug' statements from a few days back. I rather expect that he isn't going to, because he has no supporting evidence.

and re his Parthian shot... I do find his type to be amusing. I'm sufficiently conservative to have voted for Maggie Thatcher back when I still had a vote in the UK. The main reason I'll be voting for (shudder) the Big Hill is so that if the Orange One wins, it won't be because I didn't do my bit to stop him. Hill's dangerous. I don't like her at all. Don's a feckless waste of skin. I like him way less. I'd vote for Bernie before I'd vote for Don. I'd even vote for Jeb Bush before I'd vote for Don, though it'd be close.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Anonymous Coward

I find it a little difficult to swallow the idea that you would be even a bit conservative, and at the same time be able to consider voting for someone with so much obvious corruption in her resume. So, Don's policy stances are SO bad that it outweighs hundreds of millions in bribes to the Clintons? And also the way they crushed Bernie like a bug, using insider leverage? Really?

You seem rather easily bought and sold for a conservative.

1. disgruntled yank

a. In what coin is Mr. O'Shea bought and sold for saying less bad things about Clinton? Register up-votes? As far as I know those aren't good at the supermarket.

b. Are we to infer that in 1972 you voted for George McGovern as the more honest, and therefore more conservative candidate?

2. MonkeyCee

Trump doesn't have policy stances. His statements are often contradict each other, and he will promise things that either are not possible, or require the rewriting of the constitution or are so light on details that it's so much meaningless hot air. It's a blank slate allowing people to project what they want onto it, and he'll say whatever will score some laughs. He's a demagogue, so will say what the mob wants to hear.

Trump is also (from all accounts) not actually planning on doing any of that boring presidential stuff, aiming to hive off foreign and domestic policy onto his veep, while he goes around being presidential "making America great again".

It's also the big pony show (presidential race) that gets liberals all fired up (because hollywood tells us the president is magic), while the actual business of government that affects your lives is about congress and state senates. The GOP plan seems to be much more focus on those races, especially at state level, to push their desired laws through and segregate the country (all the gays to blue states etc). It's why mid terms are important, but get ignored by those lazy lefties :)

Clinton does seem to be the more "conservative" candidate from my perspective, in that she's pretty keen on maintaining much of the status quo. I have *no* idea what Trump would actually do as president, since he doesn't really seem to have a party backing him, and he's all over the place on his "hot button" issues. But whoever gets elected, their ability to work with congress is going to matter more than anything they are spouting now.

3. James O'Shea

Hill's bad. Don's worse. Yes, he is that much worse that he simply must be stopped. Part of the reason why he's worse is because he enables people like, well, like _you_. part of the reason why he's worse is that he has yet to actually state anything like a real policy on anything. Screaming about putting up a wall and making the Mexicans pay for it is not a policy. Screaming about deporting illegal immigrants _and their American citizen children_ is not policy... and is unconstitutional. Screaming about religious tests is not policy, and is also unconstitutional. I could go on, but no doubt it'll just bounce right off, people of your ilk simply never see the problems. I can see lots of problems with Hill. Given any choice at all, I would not vote for her. However, the choice is her or Don, the libertarian has no chance whatsoever, a vote for him amounts to a vote for Don. And Don is far more dangerous to the republic than Hill is.

1. Anonymous Coward
                    Devil

Part of the reason why he's worse is because he enables people like, well, like _you_.

"Muahahaha! Igor, open the window! I must FEED!"

2. Kumar2012

@James O'Shea... a religious test is NOT unconstitutional, it is already part of US immigration law with respect to refugee claimants - Immigration and Nationality Act Section 101(a)(42).

1. veti Silver badge

@ Kumar2012

Immigration and Nationality Act 101(a)(42): err, that defines what a "refugee" is. The only 'religious test' established there is, it says it is possible to be a refugee if you are fleeing persecution on religious grounds.

I'm not clear what you're trying to establish with that reference.

4. WolfFan Silver badge

And Big John still hasn't said anything further on his non-denial denial. Yep, guilty, guilty, guilty. And guilty of being a twit in other ways, too. Johnny-boy, I voted Republican in every election I've voted in _except_ 2012, where I couldn't bring myself to vote for Mitt. I even voted for McCain, despite his having wolf-killer Palin the self-confessed pit bull bitch (quote: "What's the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom? The lipstick") on the ticket. I will not be voting for Trump. I'm the kind of voter Trump wants: white, owns firearms (yes, that's an 's' on the end) and have been registered Republican starting with the very first time it was legal for me to vote. I may not vote for Hillary. I will not, under any circumstances whatsoever, vote for Trump.

The last time I expressed my true opinion of Trump I got myself banned from the forum where I expressed it. Apparently some Trump-lovers do not believe that anyone should be allowed to point out that their god has feet of clay. (Daniel 2:33, for you heathen out there.)

5. Kumar2012

@big John, he's conservative like the GOP elite were 'conservative' which is why they got run over by the Trump train, people can see through their 'conservatism' and aren't going to take it anymore.

1. Anonymous Coward
                    Anonymous Coward

"@big John, he's conservative like the GOP elite were 'conservative' which is why they got run over by the Trump train, people can see through their 'conservatism' and aren't going to take it anymore."

Tut tut. I'll have you know I intend to vote Trump come November. Okay, he's way too liberal, but he's not an actual crime boss, and that's good enough at this point.

4. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Joke

Re: captain_solo

You don't mean... Melania Trump!!!

1. WolfFan Silver badge

Melania has demonstrated that she's more intelligent than wolf-killer Sarah Palin. After all, she can read, and in a language not her own.

2. captain_solo

Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

5. Ian Michael Gumby
      Boffin

@captain solo

The real villian?

It the modern 'Bonnie and Clyde' team.

The other irony is that while everyone talks about Trump being an anti-Semite, his daughter converted to Judaism because her husband is Jewish.

6. Schultz

I got to take the side of Mrs. Schultz in this one ...

I know her to be completely honest. Same as my other 12532658 relatives out there!

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

A sad day for conspiracy theorists

If the current presidential race proves anything - it is that there isn't a secret omniscient omnipotent organisation running things.

Possibly a completely incompetent, shadowy organisation, possibly the Milk Marketing Board or the Bately town women's guild

1. Anonymous Coward
      Black Helicopters

Re: A sad day for conspiracy theorists

Unless they are SO good at what they do that they can make finely honed conspiracy look like a comedy of errors to an outside observer. Sort of the statecraft equivalent of drunken boxing.

If Jar Jar can possibly turn out to be the power behind the Emperor's throne in Star Wars 1-3, then this can be true too :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> "Unless they are SO good at what they do that they can make finely honed conspiracy look like a comedy of errors to an outside observer."

That would imply we are ALREADY the Idiocracy and just don't know it yet.

1. scarletherring

"That would imply we are ALREADY the Idiocracy and just don't know it yet."

Well, yes.

You see, not knowing is kind of what defines the Idiot.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"If the current presidential race proves anything - it is that there isn't a secret omniscient omnipotent organisation running things."

The supposed Jewish conspiracy that runs the world - if it exists, it hasn't exactly been very successful. As the old joke goes "They got all the oil and all we got was the oranges."

3. phuzz Silver badge
      Black Helicopters

Lies and foul slander!

We all know that the Milk Marketing Board are the only ones keeping us safe from the machinations of the Potato Council!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The timing is interesting

The hack was a few months ago, so if it was someone who wanted Sanders to win they would have released the emails immediately, back when it could have changed the outcome. So obviously whoever got hold of the emails did not want to help Sanders - instead they wanted Clinton to "win dirty", as it were.

However, the timing of the release right after a fairly disastrously run republican convention, when the democrats were all saying "watch what a professionally run convention looks like" seems to have been chosen to maximize the chaos at the democratic convention, and make it look like a repeat of last week (though I have to think the committee will run everyone's speech through anti-plagiarism software before it is approved, to avoid at least one hit the republicans took)

So it looks like it is someone who didn't want Bernie, and also didn't want Hillary. That kind of makes it a pro-Trump hack by default. Putin obviously has reasons to prefer Trump over Hillary, but to the point where he'd do something like this? If a link between the Russian government and the hack could be conclusively proven, even a lot of republicans who would normally cheer anything that hurts Hillary would be upset about a foreign government trying to swing a US presidential election, as patriotism trumps (no pun intended) partisanship.

It sure wouldn't help US/Russian relations, as even a president Trump will still have congress to deal with. The democrats would need only a handful of republicans to go along with them to block Trump from doing egregious things that require congressional approval (not that he seems to realize that he isn't up for election as King) such as withdrawing from NATO or whatever. So I'm skeptical that it was directed by Putin. Perhaps some Russian business interests who think they'll be better off with a president Trump? I imagine Russian billionaires have some contacts within the part of the Russian intelligence service that could organize targeted hacks like this.

1. BillG
      Holmes

Re: The timing is interesting

Just because the hack originated in Russia doesn't mean it came from the Russian government. Especially since Putin can't possibly like Trump's economic policy as it would weaken the ruble (or whatever the hell currency they use over there).

Anyone with good enough connections, and enough money, can hire a Russian hacker organization to do their dirty work with complete and total anonymity. So who is the list of suspects? Take your pick - Trump, Sanders, Wall Street, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, or any Kennedy Democrat.

Personally while I do not look forward to a Hillary presidency, can you image having Bill as First Gentleman? Imagine the trouble he could get into with less responsibilities and more free time!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

While that's true, the FBI said a couple months ago they had evidence it came from the Russian government. Maybe they're wrong, but they appear to be going on more than "it came from a .ru address, it must be Putin!"

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

The FBI also just decided there was nothing in Mrs. Clinton's Email scandal worth prosecuting. Their credibility is now zilch when it comes to politics of this kind.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"While that's true, the FBI said a couple months ago they had evidence it came from the Russian government."

If the Russian security services are not spying on the US political parties, they should be charged with incompetence. It's their job to try and find out what's going on and keep their government informed. The US might not like it, but considering what the CIA gets up to they would be on shaky moral high grounds.

But leaking the results? Very different matter. And at a convention where the result is in no doubt? Pretty pointless. Vladimir Vladimirovich is not stupid. The time to embarrass the hell out of HRC would be around October, with some carefully selected leaks chosen for maximum effect.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Leaking the results at a convention where the outcome is not in doubt is not pointless. If 10% of Sanders supporters who would have ended up voting Clinton go another direction, that could be enough to swing the election Trump's way.

I wonder if waiting until the week before the election would have been more damaging, or if Sanders supporters would by then have accepted Clinton and not felt the same bitterness they are feeling now.

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

The timing indicates it was Sanders supporters who are behind this. It may not let him win, but it prevents Sanders from being subsumed easily into the Hillary campaign. True Bernie zealots would rather make Bernie look bad than see him turn to the Dark Side (which he's doing anyway, go figure).

And they certainly won't mind seeing Mrs. Clinton harmed by the new information, heh.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Anonymous Coward

Sanders supporters used the same complex malware that has been used by the Russian government, which has instructions and error messages in Cyrillic? Pull the other one. I could believe Israel or China might do something like this and be able to fake things well enough to make it look like the Russian government (though not sure why) but no non-state actor possibly could. From the information we have now, it looks like a question of "which government did this".

As for the timing of the release, that's a bit more clear now. Assange stated he was the one who chose the timing of the release. He does not like Hillary at all, and while a President Trump isn't likely to change his situation WRT to fearing extradition to the US any, I'm sure it gave him some personal satisfaction to screw her.

He's claimed he has more information (presumably from yet another source) that will put her in jail. So I wouldn't be surprised to see another document release in early November, timed to tilt the election Trump's way. Not because he wants Trump to win, but he wants Hillary to lose. It doesn't have to put her in jail, something bad enough to drop democratic turnout a few points is all that would be required to make her lose.

That still leaves the motives of why the Russian government would release these documents to wikileaks. Regardless of whether Putin prefers Trump over Hillary, there are plenty of business interests in Russia who have a history with Trump and would definitely prefer him. One of them probably had sources in the Russian government and managed to get a copy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Russian state actors?

Hell, the yanks had a Hollywood actor as President!

1. tom dial Silver badge

Re: Russian state actors?

While he had been a fair actor, Reagan also had long been a political speaker, and had served for two terms as governor of one of the larger states, so was better qualified than most of those eager to become candidates this year, and better qualified than any of the current bunch except possibly for Gary Johnson, who at least has served in an elected executive position, although as governor of a less complex and populous state.

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

Re: Russian state actors?

I remember Tom Lehrer's song on the matter when George Murphy was active

"Hollywood's often tried to mix show business with politics

From Helen Gahagan to [pause, quizzical voice] Ronald Reagan "

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Russian non state actors in rogue AI with renegade oligarchs. A Novel Opportunity ?

Hell, the yanks had a Hollywood actor as President! .... Anonymous Coward

What more does one need to know, to know everything about the daily couch potato soap opera that is American style politics, AC? And why so many folk would think that the players are important to them and mindful of them, is a madness they need treatment for, methinks, although a lack of future working brainpower is something which is difficult to impossible to correct and/or overcome, and so thoroughly condemns one to being endlessly exploited and taken inequitable advantage of, ... but such does inevitably very quickly and surprisingly in smarter intelligence system circles with globalised networks create an inexorable revolutionary zeal which always has resulted in the past in a carefully targeted and violent correction to replace the base problem and erase the core nucleus of sub-prime information supply.

And I am reminded of the well enough known quote .... "Politics is show business for ugly people." .... Paul Begala

5. NotBob

Schultz

Am I the only one who hears that name and thinks of Sgt. Schultz?

"I see nothing!"

6. InfiniteApathy
    Pint

Enjoyed it

...then realized my beer was salty with tears for the future of humanity.

I even searched the whole article for "garland of flowers"

1. hplasm
      Happy

Re: Enjoyed it

Also +1 Intenet for the term 'goat rodeo'.

7. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Thanks, Vlad!

Thanks, Vlad! Your contributions to our nation's future are greatly appreciated!

(because, U.S. law enforcement is all too blatantly, all too corrupt at the moment to do a proper investigation of the Clintons, the DNC, and all of their dirty dealings, so it takes a foreign government that "has it in" for the Clintons to do it on our behalf)

MI6, you guys wanna give it a go as well?

8. NanoMeter

This whole election thing

They are all crisis actors in a false flag election, I tell you!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Assange

Didn't JulsDawg threaten this about a month ago?

Both he and Kimbo Dotcom mentioned that something like this would happen - the rest of us were just waiting for it.

The real reveal would be the emails stolen from Clinton's server implicating her in whatever.

The more worrying thing about this is that it might serve as a pretext for Clinton to attempt to "liberate" Crimea, much like Libya, Egypt and Syria have been liberated.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Meh

Re: Assange

> "The real reveal would be the emails stolen from Clinton's server implicating her in whatever."

Yes. And apparently more email dirt is on the way. If Hillary's 'deleted' emails do show up it will only continue the "Death by a thousand (self inflicted) cuts" she's been enduring for so long.

And yet the Dems will have to try to drag that flayed carcass across the finish line somehow.

Meanwhile the Clown Prince exults, pointing and making rude noises.

Oh, it's going to be a long summer...

10. Big Ed

Just Proves Again That The Russians Are Smarter Than Clinton

Gotta love that the DNC and Hillary surrogates are blaming the Russians.

In doing so, they are freely admitting that the Russans are smarter than Hillary.

Smarter because their best crackers bested Hillary's best security.

1. tom dial Silver badge

Re: Just Proves Again That The Russians Are Smarter Than Clinton

Not Hillary's security (this time). Probably the same sources for SAs as hers, though.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Just Proves Again That The Russians Are Smarter Than Clinton

@tom dial. [burn supporter here, from Chicago-dang drod spellchecker...]

The DNC and Hillary's team are all the same; paychecks may have the different payers, but it's all the same. When the Donald says it's rigged, it's rigged.

Consider that Hill, Obama, Bill Daley [Chief of Staff - 2011-2012], Rahm [Chief of Staff - 2009-2011], and Valerie Jarrett [a major Chicago slum-lord] are all from the Chicago machine.

Sitting next to Bill Clinton last night was Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle; also from the machine. Watch for Tony in the next election cycle or watch her score a major position in Hills cabinet, as she is the next annointed one.

If you google how Obama got his first state house seat - getting an opponent booted off the ballot, and how Obama got his first US Senate seat by getting a judge to unseal his opponent's divorce record - causing the opponent to drop out of the race, you'll understand that there is a machine driving the DNC and all of the actors; you'll also understand that the game is not fair at all.

And if you read the contents of the DNC staffers' emails you understand that while the democratic party on the outside is about fairness and justice for minorities, that on the inside they are nothing more than a bunch of elitist homophobes and racists.

It's a sad time for the party.

11. Eddy Ito
    Childcatcher

Tune in next week for more from the US presidential election goat rodeo.

What? Nobody said anything about there being a goat rodeo before. Hell if I had known earlier I could have paid more attention. Do you think they'll have a greased pig catching contest at the end? Please say they will, please!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Noooooo!!

Now I can't get the image of a greased up Trump and Clinton fighting it out for the Presidency!!

1. John G Imrie

Re: Noooooo!!

Now I have an image of Trump and Clinton fighting in a sand pit, like Ragen and Chernenko in the video for Two Tribes

2. Eddy Ito

Re: Noooooo!!

Could be worse, at least they ain't nekkid.

2. jake Silver badge

Just remember ...

... Goat Ropers need love, too!

1. Kurt Meyer

Re: Just remember ...

Jake, thanks for the JJW reference, it brings back a lot of memories.

1. jake Silver badge

@Kurt Meyer (was: Re: Just remember ... )

RWH reference, actually ... although JJW's cover is more popular.

It ain't often that an example of parody/satire becomes an official anthem of the folks being satirized ... but the Reds & Blues and their hangers-on are making a very strong case that they don't actually understand that they are all a parody of the political process, and would be quite funny if the ramifications weren't so serious. Thus my comment.

(Another one is Springsteen's "Born in the USA" ... Hint, Bruce fans, it's NOT a positive review of American mass behavio[u]r ... seriously, read the lyrics for yourself).

12. a_yank_lurker

Whodonit?

The DNC and their lackies are claiming this was sophisticated intelligence operation by the Russians. Personally, I would bet the "operation" a group of competent hackers aided and abetted the DNC's own incompetence. Saying the Russians did not is a lame attempt to shift the focus from their own unethical if not illegal behavior.

13. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Gimp

DNC is anti-somatic? On the contrary!!++

Be ready for La Clinton's version of Israel's "Megaphone":

Be nice to Hillary Clinton online — or risk a confrontation with her super PAC

You hear, El Reg?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: DNC is anti-somatic? On the contrary!!++

Very cogent article, thanks for posting.

BTW, Mrs. Clinton is preparing to muzzle the Bernie delegates even as we speak! It seems the noisy California delegation is the main problem, and reportedly a lot of Hillary supporters will be packed in around those annoying California nuts, hopefully diluting their 'message' deep inside a sea of waving Hillary! banners.

One has to smile.

14. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

With Such Friends, Who Needs and Why Suffer and Offer the False Feed of Three Amigos ‽ .

the Greatest Democracy the World Has Ever Known

The Greatest Kleptocracy and Ponzi would trump that foul Uncle Sam moniker, Kieran, and how easy are media bought into maintaining the illusion and delusion and pumping and sub priming the penny dreadful democratic fiction with the collapsing and creating of further virtual empires, but you have to be super smart to avoid the NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive Fallout which identifies the purchased fool and counterfeit machine with ineffective blunt tool and point blind lead to nowhere secure and attractive and safe from orgies of organised chaos, madness and mayhem in fields where CHAOS [Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems] exercise Remote Command and Alienated Control with Immaculately Resourced Assets of Uniquely Vital Force.

And is that Russia Today with Putin monitoring and mentoring output ... an awakened Super Smart Giant of Virtual Machine Operations?

Bravo, Bravo ...... well played, comrades. Encore, encore.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Re: With Such Friends, Who Needs and Why Suffer and Offer the False Feed of Three Amigos ‽ .

Genius.

15. frank ly

"Except of course it's all just made up."

I was enjoying it and getting quite excited until I read that.

16. chivo243 Silver badge

stupid sorority girl

I heard that Wasserman woman talk yesterday, she sounded just like a blonde sorority sister cheerleader. Then she channelled JFK... scary, just effin scary...

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...he wasn't Jewish but was in fact: an atheist!"

Er, not mutually exclusive if you consider one an ethnic origin and the other a (lack of) belief. Further, it would put you in the company of...

Christopher Hitchens

Sam Harris

Carl Sagan

John von Neumann

David Silverman (American Atheists)

Russell Glasser (Atheist Experience show)

Stephen Fry

Albert Einstein

Richard Feynman

Lawrence Krauss

Tom Lehrer

18. Diogenes

Yet another conspiracy theory

'twas a 3 letter agency based in the US. A three step plan

1. Hillary wins the nomination "dirty" as was mentioned up thread.

2. Hillary is forced to withdraw either some form of "October surprise" or the death of a 1000 cuts also mentioned upthread all arising from the emails

3. At the last moment a certain current female resident of the White House is drafted to great acclaim using the halo effect of the bloke she is married to.

Result..

The Obama's do not need to move out.

NB This is not my crazy theory - it was one that was raised on another site

19. hapticz

children, children, ..

sadly im an american, born and raised, thoroughly indoctrinated in the mind blowing concept of 'democracy', reciting the 'pledge', loyally saluting the flag with hand over heart and so forth. i cant quite describe what a dreadful time this is, for lots of voters (the real ones that are vetted and have some stake in it) sorting among all this chaff and noise coming from the mouths of these so called 'leaders', fingers pointing so many ways they seem as flexible as cooked spaghetti (al dente!). this all reminds me of what kindergarten and grade school was, when the schoolyard was rife with social misfits trying every which way to get to the top of the slide ladder, pushing, shoving, pinching, kicking, snarling and spitting. the climb to the top, thence to sit long enough just to annoy the ones behind and then slide ever so quick back to the reality of being at the bottom once again. all of these 'patriots', democratic participants and hanger-ons so desperately, yet pathetically acting like selfish children on a mission.

1. timmythegeek

Re: children, children, ..

Being 'merican and posting on an English site and having conservative views all I can say about this election year is that the bullies won. Neither are the smartest or the brightest this country could put together. They are realty TV stars more than anything else.

Neither have done anything spectacular of note, I am quite sure neither can dress themselves, drive a car or buy groceries for a family of 4. They are media puppets, nothing more and it is a sad day that the "Jerry Springer" generation will have chosen these "FINE" people to vote for.

I am finding an island and making my own country.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like