back to article Australia gets one-quarter of a minister for national infosec

If you were hoping tech would get some kind of boost in the Turnbull government's third ministry, prepare for disappointment. Mitch Fifield retains communications, and Fiona Nash remains minister for regional communications – which at least means the telcos don't have to spend the time and energy getting to know capturing …

1. Mike Echo

Luddites

They talk the talk but that is almost all.

2. GrumpyKiwi
    Holmes

Lack of attention

I'd just be grateful for the lack of attention.

Face it, when the Australian government (Liberal or Labor) gives attention to the Telco sector, it's only to do something awful.

Secret website ban lists, spying on every citizen, or blatantly favouring Telstra to name but a few.

3. Oengus

"Tehan is now - deep breath - the minister for defence personnel, minister assisting the prime minister for the centenary of ANZAC, minister for veteran's affairs and minister assisting the prime minister for cyber security,"

If I remember rightly ANZAC was 25 April 1915. What does our prime minister need assistance with for something that was over a year ago?

1. Tannin

Oengus - "If I remember rightly ANZAC was 25 April 1915. What does our prime minister need assistance with for something that was over a year ago?"

What do you mean more than a year ago? This is a government stuck in the 1950s after all. There is plenty of time before the 21st Century starts.

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

More wasted time

Further down the 'advanced country' list.

5. Magani
    WTF?

Irony, anyone?

Slightly OT here, but you've got to hand it to Malcolm. Who else would have the bare faced gall to make Josh Frydenberg - a 'coal is good' advocate for ages - as minister for both environment and energy.

Foxes in charge of hen houses come to mind.

1. Oengus

Re: Irony, anyone?

Foxes in charge of hen houses come to mind.

Isn't this the Liberal way?

6. bugalugs

image nazi me

pic is of the PM !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like