back to article Kremlin hackers and the Democratic National Committee: How deep is the rabbit-hole?

Well publicised attacks against the US Democrat National Committee exposed earlier this month are part of a wider pattern of attacks against a much broader range of US political targets, according to new research by Dell SecureWorks. The same group of cyber-spies is predominantly spying on Russia and neighbouring countries but …

1. Keith Glass
    Trollface

I'm surprised we're not hearing about RNC and Trump hacks. . .

. . . .or is that ominous, considering the public opinions Trump and Putin have stated about each other. . .

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm surprised we're not hearing about RNC and Trump hacks. . .

Lovely. The DNC displays their total incompetence for all the world to see (just like their candidate), and you respond to the news by alleging that the main target of the DNC (Trump) is somehow in league with bad old Putin.

Well, I guess the best defense is a good offense. Too bad yours isn't that good.

1. Dadmin
        FAIL

You moron. He's reiterating the well known fact that Putin and Trump are so far in love with each other that people have painted a giant mural that depicts them making out. Get a clue, before you spew, Johnny Dufus.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

> "...people have painted a giant mural that depicts them making out."

And giant murals can't be wrong.

What else are the murals saying? I thought I'd ask, since you know so much about them...

2. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
      Trollface

In fairness, the RNC are still figuring out how fire works, so they may not have any systems to hack.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"In fairness, the RNC are still figuring out how fire works ... "

"The secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!" (Not shoot "em.)

2. Keith Glass
        Mushroom

Come now, they know about fire.

How would they burn crosses and heretics without it ?

1. TAJW

You said:

Come now, they know about fire.

How would they burn crosses and heretics without it ?

I think you are confused about which party the cross burners, both then and now, come from. Just a hint .... they were Democrats, slave owners, cross burners, hate mongers and tried to split the U.S. in two.

Of course, you will conveniently rewrite history according to your agenda, because that is what liberals do.

2. Crazy Operations Guy
    Headmaster

"a very significant effect across the Atlantic"

Shouldn't that be 'Pacific', what with Europe being in the way for them to be on the other side of the Atlantic...

3. Mark 85

So a Russian agency (presumably) is spying on Russians, neighboring countries, along with the USA, etc.... Sounds like their version of 5-Eyes to me. Where's the surprise?

4. GrumpyKiwi
    FAIL

The blame game

It's always a lot easier to blame the Russkies. After it, it means you can claim "Oh it was the Russian NSA that done hackerified us".

As opposed to the reality of "Our IT team couldn't find their own bums with two hands, a flashlight, a GPS system and a well trained sniffer dog".

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: The blame game

GrumpyKiwi, you are an optimist.

5. ecofeco Silver badge

How deep?

Chesire Cat deep. Mad Hatter deep. Through the looking glass deep.

Snowden deep.

1. Captain DaFt

Re: How deep?

The deeper you go, the deeper it gets.

Until you realise that no matter how deep you go, you'll never leave the rim.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like