back to article Call goes out for open source teledildonics work

The computational dildo liberation army (CDLA) has called out device makers for creating boring old kit that just doesn't get the job done. The dildo patrol want to see more creative devices and an influx of open source effort around sex toys. Attendees at the SXSW conference here listened for over an hour on Sunday as so- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris

Wow

Am I the only person left alive that prefers actual sex to online USB plugged monstro-latex vibrating gadgets? I understand certain situations where you may be distant from your partner, but I feel like these devices are targeted more at the internet shut-in sociopath than your average joe. I love computers and technology, but I want to copulate with a woman and not some piece of rubber plugged into a port playing recorded MP3 moan sounds while I'm IMing sexyhot69691234. This stuff might have been cool when I was 14 and first used a chat room. Over time I've found my hand to be durable, easy to clean, free, and always compatible. I don't need specialized software to run my hand. And if I need audio/visual stimulation there are a plethora of magazines/dvds/VHS tapes down at the local grocery store that I can pick up. I don't need something jammed up my arse that vibrates every time I get a text in a meeting. I don't need the person on the other end to control how tight or how much vibration some rubber butterfly has. It's called imagination and visualization, and until this technology matches the authenticity of an Austin Powers type fem-bot, I won't be "interfacing" with any gadget anytime soon.

Face to face dildonics is way cooler than remote controlled cyber dildonics anyday. Oh well. To each his own.

2. Lloyd

Well

On behalf of internet shut-in sociopaths everywhere I would just like to say that I find the above comment offensive.

But then I suppose I do get off on offensive material so carry on, ugh, ugh, ugh, yeah, call me more names, etc.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SXSW?

What the heck is SXSW? I thought it was a music festival in Texas?

I'm not exactly computer illiterate, but it's a new one on me and I can't find a defnition other than the one I already know.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SXSW explainer

SXSW is South by Southwest in Austin. The story notes that. There is now a huge dildo component in addition to the music.

AV

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A quick note

I'd just like to point out that "Huge Dildo Component" would be a fantastic band name.

6. Chris

Wow - Part II

Consider me a convert, someone has agreed to show me the light. Now all i need to do is pick an appropriate mp3 for blaring out her naughty bits.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Better than the real thing?

When its Blade Runner fidelity I'll care, otherwise its just woo woo shit.

This topic is closed for new posts.