back to article Chinese numerologists are betting Dell/EMC deal will make them rich

The Register can reveal that Chinese numerology is playing a part in Dell's acquisition of EMC. Deep in the SEC filings about the deal is the factoid that a parcel of 18,181,818 shares of Class C Common Stock will end up in the hands of “Venezio Investments Pte. Ltd., an affiliate of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited.” The …

1. gv

fortune

"Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.

Watch for it everywhere."

2. jake Silver badge

Numerology?

::spit::

I live in the real world.

1. P. Lee

Re: Numerology?

>I live in the real world.

and in the real world we never do funny things in a business context... such as identifying java files with the bytes CAFEBABE or name our new pager "less" because "less is more"? Did WWI really end at the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month by accident or was there some symmetry to the time that was appealing?

These companies didn't get where they are by relying on superstition. Why shouldn't they have a little fun and a sense of humour?

1. enormous c word

Re: Numerology?

WW1 probably finished at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month because November was already agreed and to keep things simple they went for the 11th @ 11:00 to make it easy to remember. After all they probably didnt want some moron taking a pot-shot a couple of hours later and starting the whole mess up again ;-) I think the saying "the eleventh hour" came from the end of WW1

Anyhow the end of WW1 wasnt a surrender by Germany, it was a cessation of hostilities and a humiliating disarmament with reparation of costs to the allies - many germans thought the German *surrender* (which it wasnt technically) was premature and lead to WW2

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like