back to article Dabs founder Dave Atherton returns to techland

Dave Atherton, the founder, one-time CEO and owner at Dabs has returned to the IT industry as chairman of distributor Entatech, with a turnaround mission in mind. Atherton, who sold his online tat bazaar to BT for £24m a decade ago, has since worked on numerous projects including property development and more recently a site …

1. TheTick

Cheers

Cheers for letting us know, I'll stick that one on the avoid list for any future purchases.

(Dabs under that bloke was the first company I ever had to sue via small claims - successfully of course).

1. Gotno iShit Wantno iShit

Re: Cheers

I came here to say I'd be watching for just the opposite reason, I always got good service from Dabs. However...

I just had a look at their web site, everything is 'Log in for pricing'. They can poke that where the sun doesn't shine. They'll only learn about me when I decide to buy and without pricing I will never decide to buy from Entatech.

2. Roj Blake Silver badge

"I just had a look at their web site, everything is 'Log in for pricing'. They can poke that where the sun doesn't shine. They'll only learn about me when I decide to buy and without pricing I will never decide to buy from Entatech."

That's because they're a distributor not a retailer. If you're not a trade buyer, they're not the supplier for you - but if you are a trade buyer their pricing is actually not too bad.

3. andy gibson

"online tat bazaar"

Why does anyone who owns a web shopping outfit have to have it branded an "online tat bazaar" by The Reg? Once it just referred to Ebay, now its anything that sells.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon