back to article North Korea hacks 140k computers in planned mass attacks on Seoul

North Korea has hacked a whopping 140,000 computers located in 160 South Korean firms stealing 40,000 defence-related documents, Seoul says. The attacks which targeted defence contractor firms among others began in 2014 and were noticed in February. Police in the South say Pyongyang hoped to "cause confusion on a national …

1. Baldy50

Kim jong-un 'crazy fat ugly fecker'

Set up powerful TV transmitters and broadcast the film 'The Interview' 24/7 to all in North Korea just to piss him off!

Payback.

1. The March Hare

Re: Kim jong-un 'crazy fat ugly fecker'

and the 23 people in NK who actually have a tv set will know what they already know.

2. Aodhhan

Don't you wonder...

Just how much of the information was setup to be misinformation.

Seriously, F15 wing blueprints? Something drawn up more than 40 years ago and not exactly something which is classified.

Perhaps they managed to steal some blueprints which were drawn up to fail... causing waste of time and money. You can bet on it.

If N. Korea would put some money into their school systems as well as ensure their people managed to have the same caloric intake as their leader, they wouldn't have to resort to being thieves.

1. Baldy50
      Devil

Re: Don't you wonder...

Yeh! you could be right.

Maybe they stole the plans for those flying bricks, sorry rockets they've had so much trouble with?

Kim Jong-Un is Mr Creosote, same hair as well!

3. Sitaram Chamarty

isn't south korea the place where...

you MUST use windows, and a government proprietary activex control, in order to do any online banking etc.? (I'm sure I heard something like that a few years ago, maybe someone can correct me).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like