back to article Conservapedia wades into Inverness

We're delighted to report that Conservapedia - the "conservative encyclopedia you can trust" - is maintaining its hard line on liberal bias. Try its entry on Inverness, a frank analysis containing not one iota of wishy-washy pinko PC dogma: Inverness, as seen on Conservapedia Inverness A city and former royal burgh in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

On the other hand...

For an alternative view of Scotland, try this description of Dingwall (near Inverness) from Uncyclopedia :

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Dingwall

2. Angus Wood

Hmph!

"Though they speak a dialect that is almost entirely incomprehensible to outsiders (including many other Scots), the inhabitants (known as Invernusians or Sneckomites) are famed throughout Scotland and the Western world for their beauty, strength, and modesty (as documented in the popular song, the Ball at Kirriemuir)"

That's incorrect. Firstly, if one is from Inverness then you're (correclty) and Invernesian or (colloqulially and self-effacingly) "from the Shneck / from Shneckie" which is an abbreviation of "Invershneckie" coming, I belive, from a parody of a local radio DJ.

Secondly, the accent there is remarkably clear and easy to understand. The accent is very, very strong but it doesn not work against comprehension - remarkably it works towards it. I've heard on more than one occasion that the English spoken in Inverness is the most clear of any regional dialect.

(spent my childhood very close to there)

Oh - and to stave off the usual "So... log in and corect it..." messages; I have no interest in assisting the accuracy of such an endevour.

3. Colin Guthrie

Re: On the other hand

That Dingwall article is one of the funniest things I've read for a long time and I'm not even done yet!

I know a few folk from there so a link is winging it's way to them now :D

4. Keith Turner

Seems familiar

Looks like one of those sites that has 'local information' that just lists estate agents, florists and tyre sales instead.

No actual useful information - more like 'A bunch of f**kwits that speak funny who have had their day and now make money from scamming us Brits"

One wonders why they don't do so well in elections.

They must pine for the old days when they owned it all and kept the locals well and truly underfoot.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Angus Troll

" That's incorrect. ... [SNIP]

Oh - and to stave off the usual "So... log in and corect it..." messages "

Never mind that, what are you going to do to stave off the usual "Didn't you spot it's a joke, dumbass?" messages?

YHBT!

6. Andy Bright

Wonder if that's were all the dragons live..

My favourite piece of reliable scientific study (from an unbiased conservative viewpoint) has to be the terrific news that dragons are both real and may still be in existence..

It starts with the following startling evidence..

"Descriptions of dragons are widespread and match descriptions of dinosaurs, suggesting that dragons were real creatures and were actually dinosaurs."

And goes on to suggest, after revealing various corroborating scientific studies (such as there's a dragon on the Welsh flag and someone's mate saw a dinosaur in Africa)..

"That dinosaurs are not known from the fossil record above the Jurassic strata is not reason to believe that they have not survived until more recent times."

So only two questions of any importance remain imho..

1/Where do dragons live?

and

2/Which pet store sells them?

Conservapedia I bow before you... you are forever my wiki of knowledge..

7. J

A joke?

Conservapedia sure does sound like a joke. After all, according to their "about" page, "Conservapedia began in November 2006, as the class project for a World History class of 58 advanced homeschooled and college-bound students meeting in New Jersey."

And they also say "We don't make false claims of neutrality, as Wikipedia does. We have certain principles that we adhere to, and we are up-front about them. Beyond that we welcome the facts."

Beyond that, they welcome the facts, mind you. But this is Amerika, home of the Creation Museum, so I'd not be surprised that Conservapedia is actually NOT a joke.

J

8. Fred

lol

All very true.... i live a wee bit north from shnekie....

Nail on the head lmao!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dinos in Inverness

Aren't Sneckomites a type of dinosaur? If not they should name the next find a Sneckomite.

10. Simon Painter

to Angus Wood

Hello? Inaccurate? That's the point of the article.

11. Nigee

Well done

The fact that 'nae knickers' got posted suggests that the right thinking filters are not entirely wickedness-proof. I think the limits of their sensitivity should be further explored (the filters that is).

This topic is closed for new posts.