back to article Let's play: 'IT values or hipster folk band?'

Anyone that thinks Hunger, Heart and Harmony sounds like a Mumford & Sons-type folk band would be wrong: they represent the core values of IT reseller Insight. The three H's make perfect sense to El Reg, they're definitely not meaningless management babble, the kind a four-year-old might unwittingly utter while going through …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"our dedicated team-mates consistently go above and beyond for our clients to help their businesses run smarter"

By screwing up simple quotes and always trying to find a way to shoehorn the more expensive option in?

By always nagging you when they think there's a chance of you spending money, but suddenly vanishing when you actually need help with something you're bought?

Our business ran smarter by going elsewhere.

2. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge

The reg should have a regular column for naming and shaming management waffle

1. BoldMan

They have, its called Bong!

2. Mint Sauce

Fairly sure they already do, though maybe not intentionally...

<cough>HyperConvergedContinuousDevOpsLifecycle</cough>

1. Rafael 1

<cough>

Damn, beat me to it. Have an integrated upvote.

3. Captain Underpants

If Insight have the three Hs as values, shouldn't El Reg have three Qs? Like, I dunno, let's say Quixotic, Questing and Quantum? Yeah, the last one's a cheat, but this is a management bollocks game so terms like "quantum" are triple-scorers...

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"shouldn't El Reg have three Qs?"

Three Vs: vultures, venom and very bad puns.

2. Rafael 1
      Happy

Quixotic, Questing and...

..Quagmire?

Not the giggity one.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: Quixotic, Questing and...

A quantum of questing?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Quixotic, Questing and...

"Not the giggity one."

Why not the giggity one?

4. msknight
    Coat

"Red, Raw, Rag." ... Bull ?

1. Montreal Sean

Now on a 28 day news cycle?

1. m0rt

"The Reg! - 'We'll Rag it for you Red Raw'

5. Roger Greenwood

Still my favourite so far:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/05/siemens_healthcare_madness/

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sponsored article

How much did Insight pay el Reg for this great advertorial and great opportunity to espouse their virtues of how great they are and how well they're performing?

I'll try an help prop up the coffers by getting the brand in a bit more

Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight Insight

1. theblackhand

Re: Sponsored article

I'm not sure there will be a rush of companies looking for Reg commentards to make jokes about their expensive rebranding exercise.

1. Dr. Mouse

Or the inevitable* horror stories or general piss take about experiences with them.

* I say this not because I have had bad experience, but because most large-enough IT suppliers would find a large group of people on here who would rip them to shreds with stories of their incompetence.

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

> * I say this not because I have had bad experience, but because most large-enough IT suppliers would find a large group of people on here who would rip them to shreds with stories of their incompetence.

In Insight's case a fairly spectacularly near-implosion caused by changing over to a catalogue system that wasn't fit for purpose.

Several years later, it's still wobbly and still giving incorrect pricing.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I thought to myself "I know...I'll check out the TalkTalk 'About Us' page. There's bound to be some fatuous bollocks there, made doubly ironic because of the source".

Welcome to TalkTalk

Sorry this part of the site is not available right now.

Please try again later or our customer team are there to help you with details on the packages below or upgrades. Just give them a call.

1. Chris King

Welcome to TalkTalk

It's probably hiding with the help page that said that IPv6 used six-byte addressing.

1. BongoJoe

Welcome to TalkTalk

But, Shirley, it is.

2. Peter Ford

Welcome to TalkTalk

I think you'll find that is actually TalkTalk's mission statement

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I don't know Insight CEO Ken Lamneck at all

But from his remarks, he is either (a) now chortling happily down the pub with his mates, amazed that anyone would print in all seriousness what was clearly meant to be a piss-take of the highest order, or (b) a total dick.

It's Friday, I'm happy, so I'm going to assume (a).

9. Rabster

Tech, titillate and trolling.

10. Gobhicks

Ennui, Existentialism and Enervation

No wait, that's me...

11. vonBureck
    Childcatcher

> meaningless management babble, the kind a four-year-old might unwittingly utter

Hey! Don't insult four-year-olds!

12. Disk0
    Coat

Interpretative Dance

is what we are asked to do with these mantras. Assume Praying Mantis and say NI.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Heart & Hunger

sounds like Bruce Springsteen

I think the relevant bit for Insight is "I took a wrong turn and I kept on going".

14. Terry 6 Silver badge

Please see

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/gobbledygook-generator.html

And to show that education shares these core values

http://www.sciencegeek.net/lingo.html

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon