back to article Verizon! to! bid! $3bn! for! Yahoo!'s assets!

Verizon has submitted a second-round bid to acquire Yahoo!'s core internet business, according to reports. The Wall Street Journal reported that the telco would offer $3bn in Yahoo!'s second bidding round, which closed earlier this morning. It is unlikely to be the final round of bidding, with Jerry and David's Guide to the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm through to the second round, I offered $5, two scotch eggs and friends reunited.

1. DavCrav

"I'm through to the second round, I offered $5, two scotch eggs and friends reunited."

I think my offer of $5 and two scotch eggs will safely beat yours.

2. swschrad

my two bucks are hard currency, and fair market value.

OK, $2.50, but I get my choice of large screens first. final offer.

2. IGnatius T Foobar

Ya who?

Didn't they used to be a web site or something?

3. Bob Hoskins

Why?

Apparently Yahoo are still trading.

4. Grunchy Silver badge

I remember they had a big billboard and it flattened Ferris Bueller and he came back as Inspector Gadget.

Those were the days!

5. Bob Vistakin
    Facepalm

Dammit

At these prices it looks like I'll need a new spambucket email address.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about email?

Ok, seriously guys, I still have my Yahoo email, and my frustration with GMail has caused me to move more things towards Yahoo in the last few years. I've had that address for almost 20 years now. What will happen if Verizon buys them?

Why are you all laughing at me?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What about email?

I'm not laughing.

Yahoo owns the rocketmail.com addresses.

I never want to give up that address because - rockets!

7. hellwig
    Joke

How much for "Success"

How much will Yahoo! have to sell for, for Meyer's tenure to be considered a success? Yang left $45billion on the table, but can Meyer still hold her head up-high for $3bn? You know she won't step down without her legacy secured as the most bestest Yahoo! CEO! Ever! She bought Tumblr you guys!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How much for "Success"

The WSJ has an article today that said prospective bidders lost enthusiasm after Marissa spoke at a sales meeting.

I think her legacy is in the bag.

8. wayne 8

Adding Yahoo! to their AOL acquisition.

A while ago VZ, for some strange reason, acquired AOL. Ad revenue? A currency collection from no longer existing nations? Confederate dollars. Zimbabwe trillion notes.

angelfire? excite?

Seriously, I took the AOL deal as a sign that VZ no longer had a viable business model for future growth.

Selling phones on the installment plan, then announcing they were securitizing those loans ata discount for operating cash, was when I knew my decision to retire was correct.

9. x 7

what are Melissa Meyer's assets worth? Does she have a stake in the company

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like