back to article Switkowski wades into NBN leak debate, ALP is furious

nbnTMchair Ziggy Switkowski has penned an article for Fairfax saying the “NBN leakers” aren't whistleblowers, but partisan ideologues. The article, coming as it did during an election campaign, has drawn immediate fire from the ALP's Tony Burke, who accuses Switkowski of breaching the “caretaker conventions”. With the …

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

“The process is a form of political rumourtrage – the circulation of misinformation to diminish an enterprise for political gain.”

How the hell is is "misinformation" is what occurred was a whistleblower leaking the truth about the state of affairs?

Misinformation: I don't think that word thinks what you think it means.

Australia, why the metric monkey fuck do you keep electing these douchecanoes? Get a third party in play and flush the lot of these xenophobic bastards into the sea.

1. Ted's Toy

WHY DOES THE TRUTH HURT SO MUCH?

2. MrDamage Silver badge

We used to have a 3rd party

Called the Australian Democrats, whose goal was "to keep the bastards honest".

Unfortunately, they no longer exist, as they were a centre aligned party who couldn't keep up in these times of extreme left/right/green policy dick waving.

Now, we have to rely on micro-parties to do that.

3. Lyle Dietz

"Australia, why the metric monkey fuck do you keep electing these douchecanoes? Get a third party in play and flush the lot of these xenophobic bastards into the sea."

I'm trying damnit, but too many of my countrymen keep putting the majors as first preference.

In the Senate my first choice was the runner up to get a place at the last election. Hopefully the double-dissolution will create some^Wmore chaos in the Senate, for a couple of years at least.

2. Youngone Silver badge

Odd

I don't understand why Ziggy is doubling down here, the raids and the various bits of clumsy mis-management are pretty much indefensible, despite his assertions.

There are long standing conventions about public servants' behaviour in the period before an election, and the NBN (and AFP) have broken some so I would assume there will be consequences.

As pointed out, neither the ALP nor the Liberals will be particularly happy about this, so it all seems a bit career limiting.

I'd be happy to have it all explained if I've got it wrong of course.

3. Mike Echo

Silver linings

The only good thing to come of this is that now the issue of Oz broadband (Malcolm Turnbull's version of it, along with all its peculiarities) is in front of the public's eyes, not long before an election is due.

4. JJKing

Switkowski is a Liberal Party whore who says yes to everything the libs say is good. When he was running (ruining?) Telstra, he stated that the copper was on it's last legs. When he is with nbn Co, the copper suddenly became robust. He was a fervent advocate of nuclear power when howard was spruiking it to the Australian public.

I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of his lying gob.

5. Ian Joyner Bronze badge

Abbott politicised the NBN

Switkowski is further diminished. He complains about politicisation of the NBN. But who was responsible for that? Abbott and Turnbull who used it as an opportunity to scare people over the $multi billion price tag, trying to say it was Labor's waste. It is they who have now wasted the opportunity for the country. That will cost jobs, growth and innovation. NBNCo is not a private company - it is a highly politicised company and we have the right to know.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon