Home page button for bottom of page

This topic was created by romanempire .

1. romanempire
    Windows

Home page button for bottom of page

I enjoy reading and very occasionally contributing to the article comments. However I do find it a little laborious at the bottom of a long page of comments to either 'Home' key (when I'm already on the mouse) or to scroll back to the top of the page so I can jump back to the front page. I think it would be useful to have a button or link back to the Reg home page at the bottom of the comments page.

P.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Home page button for bottom of page

Who with a clue uses a mouse, or the ElReg homepage?

Keyboard & "Week in Summary" are the way to go ... Try it, you might like it.

1. romanempire

If my hand is already on the keyboard then fine. But if my hand is already on the mouse then it would be more convenient to have a link back to the front page.

Can't see the "Week in Summary" but no matter as I tend to read the Reg daily so is unlikely to suit my purposes. YMMV. In any case since I started using AdBlock since the redesign to remove that waste-of-space "top_tease" the front page still works for me :-)

Edit:- Do you mean "Week’s headlines"? Don't like it. Easier to see more at a quick skim from the normal front page.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Tabbed browsing? I usually let the tab with the home page be, open any article in a new tab, read it, proceed to the comments, close the tab when I'm done and - voilá - I'm back on the home page.

(I wonder what 1980ies coder would have commented on this. ACME Splaffer?)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon