back to article Micron debuts SSD duo

America's last standing DRAM manufacturer, Micron Technology, has bulked out its solid-state drive range, with two large capacity models offering huge performance and power-management benefits. The 2.5in P200 drives range in capacity from 16GB to 128GB, use single-level cell NAND technology and are meant for servers. Micron …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bronek Kozicki

fast enough!

100MBs write speed is an achievement in consumer class. I wonder what speeds the "enterprise" P200 is going to offer.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

#include <stdtitle.h>

"Although Micron hasn’t said how much either drive will cost"

I think it's safe to assume that "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"

3. Alex
    Heart

nice!

Just love these little thangs.. Here's hoping for a 'reasonable' price for them (to some 'reasonable' would be a few dollars/pounds, but realistically it's more likely a few hundred pounds/dollars [naturally identicle prices for both sides of the Atlantic])

Bring it on!! I could have 2 of these inplace of one SATA (Space is my issue, not speed!)

4. David Gosnell

Pricing

Micron = Crucial, right? Crucial are currently flogging 64GB SSDs (without much further detail) for [gulp] £648.59 including VAT. So......

5. Jonathan Tate
    Coat

SSD vs. rotating mass storage

Unless this thing is cheaper, I'd still rather just add another 80MB/sec Raptor to my array.

Mines the one with the dollah billz falling out of the pockets (not really).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like