back to article Yahoo! shareholders! back! Jerry! Yang!

Despite continued resentment over the aborted merger with Microsoft, Yahoo! shareholders have reelected the company's entire board of directors. At today's annual meeting in San Jose, each of the web giant's nine directors received the support of at least 78 per cent of the voting shares. Roughly 85 per cent backed CEO Jerry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. yeah, right.

Ha ha!

Seems Icahn can't make his extra millions after all at the expense of all the other shareholders.

2. Tom

They should...

make Icahn pick up coffee for the board meetings.

3. John Bailey
    Happy

He he!

Chairs atr twenty paces...?

4. Yugal Joshi

Yahoo! has good way to go

Msoft knows that it cannot perform well in the online world without something as big as Yahoo!. Yahoo! is indeed having its share of problems however they are not bereft of innovative ideas which drive the online world. Therefore Yahoo! I believe should not hurry to sell itself as there would be plenty of business as well as merging opportunities coming its way in the future. It's Msoft which has to worry. They simply do not understand the online world and due to the inherent conflict between their Windows/Office/Desktop applications and Online businesses it would take some real thinking on Ballmer's part to strategize from here. Throwing in money is what Msoft it doing and I believe would keep on doing to pretend that it has some good ideas up its sleeves.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A bit different than MS would've had you believe.

Seems pretty telling to me that all were re-elected again and not with slim margins. I wonder if Steve Balmer is as popular?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@AC (different than MS would've had you believe.)

Since Icahn is now part of the "main ticket", this is EXACTLY what everyone (MS included) was expecting.

The expected split was based on Icahn offering his own candidates everywhere - the 95% that voted for the existing director that Icahn replaced were actually voting FOR Icahn, and therefore (effectively) the merger strategy.

When there's no real competition, really high percentages are what you're going to get.

7. James Pickett
    Gates Horns

Forty-two

"real thinking on Ballmer's part"

Gosh - no worries there, then!

8. Walt French

Terribly! Witty! Headline!

Never! saw! anything! like! it! before!!!

Genius!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@yeah, right

He just did make money at the expense of the other shareholders. Yang should have been kicked to the curb for mismanagement. Yahoo is now a great stock to short. It will be closer to $10 than to $20 by the end of the year, mark my words.

10. Sceptical Bastard

@ Walt French

A lot of us commentards also wish El Reg wouldn't do that exclamation mark thing!

But theose funsters at Vulture central just won't be told. Tsk tsk.

Beware of sarcasm, my friend - it might bring down the wrath of the Moderatrix.

11. Mark

@AC

"When there's no real competition, really high percentages are what you're going to get."

Aye, like the 35% turnout in the last UK election was because we forgot, not because we had the choice of:

a) New Labour (ie New Conservative)

b) Conservative (ie New New Labour)

c) Liberals (ie We Don't Know Party)

And to the other AC:

Share prices for MS have gone down. Bank shares are dropping. etc. Should all the CEO's be kicked to the kerb? And, since they all get jobs as CEO at another company anyway, isn't this really going to be a game of musical chairs for the CEOs?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Um, seems as though Yahoo can't count

Well, Yang and Bostock aren't as popular as it seems as they 'conveniently' forgot to count 100 million votes..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7544326.stm

I don't think i'll trust them with my online portfolio any more - unless they put a few million in it for me.

13. Kimberley

More to the Company than the BOD

What!!! There's more to Yahoo than the Microsoft battle????

With so much focus on Yahoo’s ongoing skirmishes with Microsoft, here's a webinar that walks through their Enterprise Performance Management strategy and architecture and discusses how they have successfully implemented a project to help Yahoo efficiently manage change in a highly competitive market.

https://staranalyticsevents.webex.com/ec0600l/eventcenter/recording/recordAction.do?theAction=poprecord&actname=%2Feventcenter%2Fframe%2Fg.do&apiname=lsr.php&actappname=ec0600l&entappname=url0106l&needFilter=false&&isurlact=true&rID=23458567&entactname=%2FnbrRecordingURL.do&rKey=938D0C3FDA4E314D&recordID=23458567&siteurl=staranalyticsevents&rnd=1591930540&SP=EC&AT=pb&format=short

Kimberley B

Finance System Innovators blogger

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like