back to article Dropbox desktop blur

At Tuesday's Dropbox Open London conference, the cloudy storage company took the wraps off Project Infinite – which displays cloud and local storage files alongside each other. When users check their file lists on Windows or OS X, they can see locally stored files marked with a green tick mark, but also items stored in the …

1. Deltics

So it's essentially a cross-platform implementation of Windows/OneDrive "Smart Files"

Why the heck couldn't you just say that instead of just copy/pasting from a transcript of the video that you made us watch to find that out ?

But more importantly, IN that video, they talk about a user with "access to" 10TB of cloud data, but last time I checked the largest capacity plan on offer from Dropbox was 1TB for Personal "Pro" accounts. Only a Business account could have more than that. So is this feature limited to Business Accounts ? After all, it could be argued that even a laptop these days can easily have 1TB (or more) of on-board storage so this is a non-issue for Personal Pro accounts (assuming you only have ONE cloud storage account).

So while it was a nice easy bit of content to puff up the headline list today, where is the god-damned journalism ?

At least The Verge gave some thought to some of these questions in their coverage (more worthy of the term than the clipboard exercise on offer from The Reg), although they had to admit that Dropbox aren't actually saying who will get this feature, or when.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/26/11508486/dropbox-placeholders-project-infinite

Seriously, The Register is fast falling down my list of "Go To" sources for IT news and is an real danger of becoming one I would instead choose to actively avoid.

2. Captain DaFt

Arrgghh! My ears!

Two seconds into that video, I'm stabbing the stop button.

Couldn't they have found a narrator that didn't sound like a chain-smoking adult Alvin the chipmunk?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon