back to article Clinton's $1m troll fight

The Hillary Clinton Super PAC is planning to spend $1m hitting back at online trolls. A new task force called Barrier Breakers claims it will "help Clinton supporters push back on online harassment and thank super delegates." It argues that "Hillary’s supporters are more enthusiastic than Sen. Bernie Sanders’ supporters, yet …

1. a_yank_lurker

Reality Check

First off Hildabeast's biggest problem is with the ferals rummaging around her email server. She is likely to face felony charges for illegal handling of highly classified secrets and that is more serious than any supposed trollish activity against her. Secondly, in the case of the Clintons this is there MO, smear those who are telling the truth through well placed attacks. Bill had several near misses with "Bimbo Eruptions"; Monica was not the first nor likely the last.

Depending on the elephants, many will vote elephant because they despise her and Bill. Trump seems to relish the idea of really dishing the dirt and there is plenty with the Clintons.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Reality Check

Who left the retard bus unattended?

1. Ian Michael Gumby
        Boffin

@AC Re: Reality Check

Clearly that would be you.

Look, here's the reality. This new fund to fight trolls is for HRC to pay bloggers and reporters to put a spin on the news in her favor as well as to harass commentards online and to make threads of discussions meaningless.

If you haven't been paying attention, those in the press who support HRC are ignoring facts and are intentionally misinterpreting the law. The level of corruption is insane. Regardless if you're for the right or left, she and her hubby are so criminally insane, all they want to do is put $$$ in their pocket at everyone's expense.

Their 'charity' has done nothing of value except to host fundraisers that put more money in to the foundation. In fact, the one thing that they did... camp stoves for those off the grid in impoverished areas did more harm than good. And within 2 years... most of the stoves were trashed. So... only the manufacturer made $$$ from this... and the foundation of course.

The classified documents are only a tip of the iceberg.

2. Iusedtocould

Re: Reality Check

You did.

2. RedneckMother

Oh dear, oh shit.

Sorry, but the self-ascribed description "Barrier Breakers" is close, but no cigar.

From my perspective, it's more like "Bernie Bashers".

Damn it all. At least Sanders has principles. I can't say that I agree with him on all (perhaps most) issues, but he IS talking about the rigged system, and the money (and entities controlling money).

How can "rational" people allow big money and "the powers that be" advance Hillbillary? Let's all recognize her for the corporate shill that she is, and will always be. Let's start talking about the real problem, that the USA (hell, the whole world) is under the control of a handful of individuals? Money talks, and HC walks (in the direction and manner dictated by the money). Let's talk about her policies and actions, which have resulted in so much heartache in non-US countries.

Can you say little (and poor) people are El Fucked? I knew you could!

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

1m USD to fend off trolls? Seems massively underfunded.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Just what I was gonna say. There is soooo much hate for her. Personally, I'm already being harassed by one of her braindead minions. I've got the hang of this. This is cake compared to the BBS wars of the 90s. I say, bring it on... MUAHAHHA

2. PNGuinn
      Go

Massively underfunded ...

Not necessarily.

Using Slurp's new intelligent troll technology, AKA Tay, it should be possible to answer every Hilderbeast troll with a Beast troll as soon as they pop up from under the bridges.

Add the occasional Clippy "You seem to be trying to win a presidential nomination - do you need any help with that?" troll...

What's not to like?

POPCORN!

4. Jimbo in Thailand
    Mushroom

Why is Billary not in jail yet?

We can thank Mr. Obama for this as he certainly won't allow, or will delay as long as possible, legitimate Federal indictments to be served concerning her use of an illegal private server while she was Sec. of State. Sadly, to date, the purely evil Billary has managed to always be above the law, along with her disgusting husband. FFS, what a dynasty those two have created with their notoriety and especially their unimaginably dangerous $2 billion Clinton Foundation vote-buying 'charity'... yeah right... charity!

Not only is it unfathomable that HC isn't already in jail but that she's still in the Presidential race. And after trouncing Bernie Sanders in the NY primary she will most likely face Trump or ??? in November. If the incredibly stupid Clinton supporters would just open their fucking eyes they would see that Hillary flipflops on every position she's ever taken... as long as it furthers her agenda. Of course she always attacks anyone and everyone who calls her on those lies. There's also an incredible list of 'suicidal' dead people who have been associated with the Clintons once Slick Willy first infested the Oval Office way back in Jan. 1993.

One thing is written in stone, and that is if Billary is elected POTUS you can be sure that the pro-Adolf-Netanyahu worshiper will declare war on Iran ASAP and the shit will hit the fan. I can't even envision a worse choice for US commander in chief than HC. She's even more dangerous than loose-cannon Donald Trump, who at least has some proven talents. OTOH Billary has zero to offer except nuclear winter.

My choice for president is Bernie Sanders with... are you ready for this?... Donald Trump as Vice President. Using the strengths of both of these successful unique individuals could indeed make America great again. Think about it... Bernie would bring diplomacy back to the White House and Trump would dig us out of this mountain of debt, which is almost at the inflection point of no return.

My fellow Americans... PLEASE WAKE THE FUCK UP before it's too late!

1. robidy

Re: Why is Billary not in jail yet?

You Americans not been takin ur pills this week? Nursey will be cross.

Cue blame being placed on Obamacare.

People have affairs everyday of the week in america, I don't see them being prosecuted or persecuted to the same level.

In fact During this time Bill Clinton delivered a budget surplus inspite of some major distractions like a failed impeach oh and an affair or three.

Then your corrupt election process puts the chap in second place (whose daddy was formerly head of the secret service) in control and he pissed you surplus away racking up record debts on failed wars - it's like something from Russia.

If Hilary were in Russia with the same scenario no one would give a toss where her emails went. Because she is a credible threat to the republicans establishment it's play as dirty as possible.

It's all great with a packet of pop corn but will only encourage extermists and sociopaths into politics in the US.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Because she is a credible threat to the republicans establishment it's play as dirty as possible.

No-one needs to play dirty with Hillary. The facts will do.

As for failed wars, you may want to remember who has been in charge for the last 8 years or so. We didn't have Syria or Lybia before, you know. We have Ukraine and are not happy with Russia or China. And we still have Iraq and Afghanistan.

1. robidy

Well the fact is she won her New York primary with more votes that all the other republican candidates put together so one gets a feeling home state v home state she's on to a winner.

We've just got to see what process the republicans will use to remove a candidate who has promised to wipe out the US national debt in 8 years.

2. Ian Michael Gumby

Funny you should mention Bill Clinton's budget surplus...

Kasich was in Congress at the time and fought and won on the budget when dealing with Clinton.

I know Kasich. He's boring, but he's a hard worker. Just what we need to fix Obama's mistakes.

3. Mephistro
        Unhappy

"...will only encourage extermists and sociopaths into politics..."

That boat sailed many decades ago, in the US and everywhere.

4. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> "In fact During this time Bill Clinton delivered a budget surplus..."

Dude, those good times in the mid-90's were due to a fiscally responsible, Republican-led congress, starting in 1994. All Slick Willie did was cave to them after seeing he was going to lose. I will give him credit for being pragmatic, but that's all.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Clinton lacks even that much sense.

2. Lars Silver badge
      Happy

Up voted for Bernie Sanders but when it comes to flipfloping nobody can beat Trump on that. As for Bill I must admit I don't think having my cook sucked made me into a worse programmer. The two party system makes you Americans more divided than ever. But as the saying goes you have to choose the less evil and as an outsider that would be any Democrat preferably Sanders.

1. PNGuinn
        Headmaster

"I don't think having my cook sucked made me into a worse programmer"

Eh???

LESTERRR!

As king of the post pub nosh can you shed any light on this culinary delight?

Is it some strange veggie thing?

Enquiring minds etc ....

3. Alister

She's even more dangerous than loose-cannon Donald Trump, who at least has some proven talents. [citation needed]

5. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Holmes

The smallest violin is playing!

"Hillary’s supporters are more enthusiastic than Sen. Bernie Sanders’ supporters, yet often times are discouraged from engaging online and are 'often afraid to voice their thoughts' because of the fear of online harassment."

Looks like her paying shocking obedience to AIPAC has paid off ... they seem to have handed her the propaganda handbook.

6. Gene Cash Silver badge

Fighting trolls?

I think she needs to realize who her biggest problem is. No one's a bigger troll than Trump, and that's why I'm wearing my "President Trump" pin these days.

I want to see him troll Congress for 4 years. That'll be epic. Hopefully they'll spend so much time fighting each other, they won't get anything done.

7. NanoMeter

If you don't have the correct opinion

Then you are considered a troll by many. The troll definition varies from person to person.

8. Mark 85

Politics as usual here in the States and maybe ramped up a bit. We have the yelling and screaming Trump and on the other side, the Clintons. I'm not sure anyone else has a shot at it since those two have pretty well shouted down any contenders.

Personally, I have no use for either of them. They both are very scary and seemingly unstable. Yet, they have chased or beaten the more moderate and thinking contenders so far. I guess we take what we can get, not what we deserve. It's almost like watching a reality TV show... a cast of shouty and angry types and others who are more devious.

The only possibility of "balance" is for the President to be from one party and Congress to be controlled by the other. But, there's no one in any position of leadership (for some value of leadership) to negotiate and get them to work together. If it ends up with the President and the control of Congress with the same party, I think we're in really deep doo-doo as there will be no restraints, no checks, no balances. They'll just run amok.

9. Chris G

The choice is your's America

Hillary Clinton is a well educated, articulate and politically savvy front runner for the Presidency.

She also seems to be batshit crazy and willing to do anything for enough money.

On the other hand Donald Trump sounds uneducated, inarticulate and is also a frontrunner for the Presidency.

He also seems to be batshit crazy and willing to do anything he has just thought of, the problem is he is always changing his stance from one day to the next, something that when he is in office may be difficult if yesterday's thought of the day was 'All out Thermonuclear War'.

If Hillary declared war she could be equally as likey to change her stance too but for a higher bidder rather than random thought processes.

So! who would you vote for?

10. 57nomad

I'm a Trump guy but not a fanatic and when I see someone doing something wrong, I try to let them know. There's no reason we can't be civil. I have told Hillary's staff many, many times that if she would just refrain from hollering, "Surrender Dorothy!!" at the end of all of her rallies, things would be better for her.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The real question is...

Is Donald jealous of the Chinese and their wall that can be seen from space?

Is that the real reason why he wants to wall off the border with Mexico?

Perhaps the same for Canada for his second term?

IMHO, that would complete the journey of the USA from superpower to 3rd rate backwater in 8 years.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's Rich!

That's rich coming from them. Try coming out as a Trump supporter and see what happens.

Let me tell you guys about the state of freedom of speech in America. America is a country that legally recognizes freedom of speech (at least for now). However, conformity of thought and expression is enforced by two mechanisms: labeling and shaming.

For instance, let's say you think that men are men and women are women. This used to be known as "logic" and "reason", now it's "transphobia" (the PC Police love to misappropriate scientific sounding words as it gives them an air of authority). That's the labeling.

The shaming usually takes place in a loud manner, in public to humiliate and intimidate you into silence. Often this results in lost friends, a lost job, and even threats of violence. An innocent slip of the tongue or a mischaracterized quote or maybe you're just in a bad mood one day and you're finished.

In this country, relativism in every facet of life, nay reality, has been pushed on my generation since we were very young. It started with unconditional moral relativism, and gradually grew to include the social sciences, literature, and finally the biggest whopper of them all - math and science. Everything's up in the air. Everything's up for debate. The only fixed, if unspoken, rule: you must agree. You must conform. Combine this with the labeling, shaming, and intimidation we've experiences all our lives, and the result is that my generation, the millennials, has been cowed into silence and even passive acceptance. Our brains have been turned into mush. We're repressed. We're not allowed to express ourselves. Don't believe me? Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfO1veFs6Ho

Tell me George Orwell isn't shaking in his grave. Anonymous because, well, I like being employed.

Who do we have to thank for this? People like Hillary Clinton.

1. PNGuinn
      WTF?

"For instance, let's say you think that men are men and women are women"

Transphobia

No it's not. It's Normaphobia.

2. Graham Marsden
      Boffin

@AC - Re: That's Rich!

> let's say you think that men are men and women are women. This used to be known as "logic" and "reason", now it's "transphobia" (the PC Police love to misappropriate scientific sounding words as it gives them an air of authority). That's the labeling.

> The shaming usually takes place in a loud manner, in public to humiliate and intimidate you into silence

That would be the sort of shaming that results in bigotted States passing anti-LGBT laws because you should be happy how some magical sky fairy made you and if he gave you *that* set of genitals then you MUST use that public toilet?

Or maybe it's the sort that a trans friend of mine experienced earlier today when, whilst she was minding her own business walking to work, some moron decided to cross the road and shout abuse in her face about how she was some sort of deviant and pervert and shouldn't be out on the streets?

Odd, I don't recall Hillary ever suggesting that people engage in this sort of behaviour...

Oh and as for that video, from a bunch of narrow-minded hetero-normative bigots who want to tell everyone else how to live their lives goes and talks to a selection of rational, sensible students whose attitude is "it's your life, it's your choice, I don't have a problem" and tries (laughably) to imply that it is the "College kids" who are "saying the darndest things".

The presenter says "What does that say about our culture?" Well, I think it says that, despite his narrow minded attitude, it's good to see that there are at least some who are willing to look past their prejudices and let people live their lives their way because it's doing no harm to anyone else.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where would be the best place to troll these troll breakers?

I don't think they have thought this one through.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

"Hillary Did Nothing Wrong!!!"

My advice is to repeat that phrase in comment sections everywhere until people believe it. And make memes of it. Trust me, they'll go viral.

I can haz $1m, ur welcome.

15. jake Silver badge

It always amuses me ...

... when articles like this bring out the vitriol spewing idiots. Hint, kiddies, if your drool is dribbling down your chin, you probably shouldn't post. Just saying.

THAT said, "A new task force called Barrier Breakers claims it will "help Clinton supporters push back on online harassment and thank super delegates."

It's just online text. It doesn't matter. It's not important. It never has been, it never will be. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a fucking idiot, or a marketard targeting fucking idiots.

1. Graham Marsden
      Facepalm

Re: It always amuses me ...

Paging Mr Pot, please contact Mr Kettle..

16. DocJames
    Trollface

Yawn, mostly.

It is interesting as a non-US citizen to see the bile that is spewed at Hillary Clinton. It does seem to be a product of her being, well, a her. Much as the majority of the (outrageous) complaints about Obama seem to be driven by racism.

Note this is not all of the complaints; there are many reasonable complaints and complainants about both of them. I complain about them too. But the level of outrage seems to be reserved for women and non-whites. Somewhat embarrassing when the world is paying attention.

What is odd is that the campaign have announced that this money is being spent: I presume this is simply an "all publicity is good publicity" (see Donald Trump) rather than a "look at us, we troll world+dog" approach.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon