back to article Apple updates MacBooks

Apple has given its MacBook fleet a lick of paint - rose gold to be exact. The three updated devices house a dual-core Intel Core m3, Core m5 and Core m7 processor respectively with Turbo Boost speeds up to 2.2GHz, 2.7 GHz and 3.1 GHz. Intel HD Graphics 515 and PCIe-based flash storage are also integrated. Other colours for the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rose Gold

Fantastic, I can upgrade from my space grey one now.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Rose Gold

"Fantastic, I can upgrade from my space grey one now".

and you thought the need to tell us this because?

2. Law

Confused... Advertising pieces disguised as articles?

The article body is dwarfed by the headline, on the mobile page anyway, that's how little information is on this page... In fact, this pointlessly negative comment may well have a higher word count!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Confused... Advertising pieces disguised as articles?

I've noticed the Reg has several of these one paragraph articles every day now. Maybe part of the cost cutting measures when they booted Lewis Page and dumped his interesting military related articles for the DevOps article of the day club.

1. paulf
        Holmes

Re: Confused... Advertising pieces disguised as articles?

"I've noticed the Reg has several of these one paragraph articles every day now. "

I'll take, "What is the new Newsbytes section for $200", please Alex.

What's all this? Welcome to The Register's News Bytes

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Er, Apple updated their specs too

New CPUs, new graphics, faster SSDs, longer battery life... The article makes it sound like the only change was to offer the same exact models in a new color.

1. Deltics
      Coat

Re: Er, Apple updated their specs too

To be fair, they do *mention* the updated components of the spec but yes, as you say, the impression given is that these are unchanged from the previous models and that the "update" involves only the "lick of paint" (idiomatic metaphor for "a superficial change in appearance with nowt else going on").

Compare and contrast with The Verge's coverage of the exact same story:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/19/11455044/apple-macbook-processor-upgrade-rose-gold

But who needs journalism or even adequate levels of reporting when you can have a click-bait headline and a paragraph of hastily cobbled together text for a fraction of the cost or effort and bait just as many clicks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon