back to article Microsoft gender pay gap

The pay gap between men and women at Microsoft remains virtually unchanged – a year and a half after CEO Satya Nadella kicked off a diversity and inclusion drive. Executive vice president of human resources Kathleen Hogan reports that for every dollar a man makes at Microsoft, a woman in the same position makes 99.8 cents, up …

1. Herby

$200 per year??

Plus or minus a few bucks. And what does the "diversity program" cost (let's say one full time person)? That one person would cover about 5000 people, and that doesn't count overhead.

Of course it prevents lawsuits, which can be VERY costly if those nasty people (lawyers) get involved...

Then again, the whole thing could be rounding error (probably a more likely scenario).

2. Ralph B

Spin much?

> for every dollar a man makes at Microsoft, a woman in the same position makes 99.8 cents

I'd imagine there'd be more of a story if you looked at the ratio of women to men at the company, or the ratio of women at various levels / pay grades within the company. I can't help thinking that this particular statistic has been cherry-picked to give a rather disingenuous spin on something much worse.

(Or have I just been trolled by El Reg's sarcastic reporting? <checks MS press release> No. It looks like El Reg's reporting was pretty straight here.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon