back to article Cyber-underworld price list revealed: $500 for company email inbox, $1,200 passports, etc

The underground bazaars for stolen online identities, access to corporate email inboxes, and fake ID are booming, we're told. Research by Dell SecureWorks says the market for underground hacking is increasing, particularly in Russia. Russian hackers are expanding their working hours and using guarantors to ensure customer …

1. Herby

Find a need and fill it.

Build a "better" mousetrap, and the world will come to your door.

Anything for a price:

Q. Would you have sex with me for $1,000,000?

A. Sure

Q. Would you have sex with me for $0.25?

A. Who do you think I am a two-bit whore?

S. We know what type of person you are, we are just negotiating the price.

Yes, it is a bad joke.

1. Mark 85

Re: Find a need and fill it.

An old bad joke, indeed but have an upvote anyway as it points out the pricing part. We see this same philosophy in the comments about certain agencies hiring (not enough money) and corporate salaries for the c-suite (too much money). But... too often, it's about the money.

2. Someone_Somewhere
      Coat

Firstly, '<groooooan>' at the inherent 'entendre' in that title's context - you said "fill it" <fnarr fnarr> ;)

Secondly, re "would you have sex with me", if I were to ask you if you wanted to have sex with me, would the answer to /that/ question be the same as the answer to /this/ question?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Build a better mousetrap, and a bunch of patent holder will sue you into oblivion because it had rounded corners.

2. TheSkunkyMonk

Wonder how much they'd charge to get Piggy Diddler Cameron's emails?

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Nothing

That hack was done elsewhere.

No Russian hacker would have risked to hack anything which is even circumstantially related to someone who is related to Putin (that is the actual level of revelations in question) in the run-up to the Russian elections. "Mr Chrisoprase is not happy" is usually what you hear last. Before they fish your body out of the "river" Ankh (in this case Москва река or Фонтанка).

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Help please

So where do I browse to get an EU passport for $1200? I'm serious.

4. Pseudonymous Diehard

Corporate Mailboxes

Who'd pay $500 to read another persons spam?

Dont these people know there are very good spam services that can send you a relentless deluge of steaming shite for free. With bo obligation to buy anything I might add.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Corporate Mailboxes

Those are used for something else - source address and target info collection for a spear-phish.

5. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"Banking credentials change hands for between 1 and 5 per cent of the account balances."

My banking particulars should be safe then. Good news (sort of).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like