back to article Alicia Keys croons Bond theme

Forthcoming Bond outing Quantum of Solace will feature a theme song performed by Alicia Keys and Jack White - the first time 007 has been honoured with a duet According to the BBC, White also wrote and produced Another Way to Die, as well as contributing on the drums. Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson offered …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Dawson Silver badge
    IT Angle

Bah...

They aren't singing the title? Infamy!

Is the IT angle possibly the fact that there are gadgets involved?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds like a match made in hell

Can't say I'm looking forward to hearing it as it sounds like a pretty poor combination. For my money Muse should have got it.

3. Simon B
    Thumb Up

Jack Black would have been better!

Alicia Keys and Jack Black would have been better! Might possilby have been the best 007 song in the world! ;)

4. pctechxp
    Thumb Down

should have been a trance type track with no vocals

Should have got John '00' Fleming to come up with something.

5. Steve Bennett
    Thumb Up

drums

At least they kept Meg off the drums..

6. Alexis Vallance
    Happy

Could be good

This could be good, but if there's going to a weak link, it's going to be Keys.

Hopefully Jack will be writing it alone.

7. G Plumb
    Coat

The Keys to a good bond song?!

OK - bad pun aside (coat man icon)...

Amy, for all her drug taking faults, is a more interesting and resolutely British icon - it is madness to have a yank on this track!

I thought the Bond producers were going for a more real and gritty image - having a soul songstress like keys doesn't measure up to the whacked-out whinehouse all of a sudden...!

Boooo!

8. Paul Talbot
    Alert

re: The Keys to a good bond song?!

"it is madness to have a yank on this track!"

You mean like the last 6 films? Apart from Garbage (who are American but with a British lead singer), the last Bond movie to have a non-American lead track is The Living Daylights.

I agree in principle, but it's a bit late to be complaining about that sort of thing...

9. Jesse
    Stop

RE: The Keys to a good bond song

Yes, but, then we'd have to ask ourselves: Is 007 a british superhero, or is he just a character from the British secret service who is oh so obviously British?

Limiting the franchise to nothing but fanfare for everything [insert character's nationality here] would be pretty damn stale.

It did work for Austin Powers, though...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm...

Good luck with finding a rhyme for "Quantum of Solace". No wonder they couldn't find anyone better, I wouldn't touch this one with a barge pole...

11. Jon Tocker

@ Fraser

Pretty much my thoughts when I read Graham Dawson's comment: "Because 'solace' would be a prick to find rhymes for."

12. Adam Williamson
    Happy

Bah, it's easy

Quantum of Solace / furniture polish

I'll have my fee in used tenners, ta very much.

13. Mr Larrington
    Flame

@ G Plumb

"it is madness to have a yank on this track!"

What, like Chris "Oo-er I've got a sore throat" Cornell?

14. G Plumb
    Paris Hilton

Back to Black?!

OK boys and girls - granted - there have been plenty of yanks on Bond tracks over the years - I never said there wasn't!

I just noted that Amy is more resolutely British - which James (regardless of the nationality of his actor at any given time) is - at least in stereotype/demeanour!

And Paris?

Well, for one night in.....

15. Alan Edwards
    Coat

Title in song lyrics

> Good luck with finding a rhyme for "Quantum of Solace".

Managed it with 'The Spy Who Loved Me' :-).

The only other title that wasn't in the lyrics (apart from Dr No, that didn't have a specific song) is 'Octopussy', they could at least have a try.

Alan.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

re: The Keys to a good bond song?!

Good riddance to "whacked-out whinehouse" that freak deserves to be marginalised. The only reason she is in business is much like doherty - makes people feel better about themselves while selling papers.

Yay!

This topic is closed for new posts.