back to article Speaking in Tech: Batman vs Superman... absolutely sucked

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, it's Ed, Greg and Sarah and no guests... just the gang discussing bad superhero movies, listener complaints, Oracle suing Google (again) and Australian bike bells –and taking people out to the woodshed... …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone

who even postulated the merest thought that "batman vs Superman" was EVER going to be anything but a steaming dog egg that even rats in the sewer would wretch at and do anything to get away from its stench is living in cuckoo land.

The only positive reviews will come from shills and the team who created this travesty.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anyone

So that's a 70% on IMDB then?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

74%, actually. But when they announced Affleck was going to be Batman I knew the mushrooms had gone off. Ben Affleck ? Seriously ???

The amazingly good news is that I have discovered Deadpool.

3. Dan 55 Silver badge

Of course it's bobbins, it's DC Comics. They don't have the characters to make a believable comic universe, if believable is the right word. Batman vs Superman should be over in 5 seconds.

Also it's the same director as the last Superman film, which was also bobbins.

1. fandom

Indeed, in the comics Batman always wins

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I would argue that the way the fight ended in Dark Knight Returns (the first time they fought) does not really count as Batman winning.

1. PatientOne

Depends on what the 'win' conditions were.

There's a premis that all Batman has to do is stand up to Superman in order to win: To show the world that Superman isn't beyond reproach. It also helps Superman out as it makes him look less like a god and more like a person.

So what was the goal of the conflict? To see who would walk away from the conflict, or was the goal something subtler? Like reminding Superman that he's not a god?

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

SPOILER WARNING

Most people seem to think winning involves finishing the fight with a heartbeat.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Superman vs Batman

Might have been given a lukewarm reception by the Critics but the agerage punter has votes and gone to see the pile of steaming dog poo.

Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry.

I may watch it on a long flight when there is nothing else to do. I certainly won't be parting with cash to see it. There again us Grumpy Old Men are not the target audience for this sort of thing.

I'm sure that in Cinemas all over the USA there is plenty of a whooping and a hollering during the film.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Superman vs Batman

"[...] but the agerage punter has votes and gone to see the pile of steaming dog poo."

Its box office takings are currently the fourth highest on record.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-monday-box-office-record-1201727751/

2. Jagged

Re: Superman vs Batman

http://www.pvponline.com/comic/2016/03/29/stupor-man

Just leaving that there, thats all I am saying ...

3. paulc

Transcript?

some of us are deaf...

1. Marc 25

Re: Transcript?

You're missing absolutely nothing.

This is a perfect example of why podcasts suck

Tuned in to listen to the El Reg opinion on BvS and spent longer listening to some bloke waffle on about how he got uprgraded to 1st class on a flight...seriously...wtf is this?

Garbage

1. Knieriemen

Agree, totally bush league! And who cares about Australian bike bells? These guys have no clue!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I agree. Absolute garbage. If only the register would post the specific time when a particular topic were discussed. Oh. They do.

2. Mage Silver badge
      Coat

Ciscript?

Still, I wish I could produce rubbish that sold so many seats on opening weekend. Shows power of publicity!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon