back to article More VC dosh, vicar? Moneymen hand Slack-a-like biz Domo $131m

Venture capitalists have poured $131m of fresh funding into a Slack-like collaboration startup, Domo. Domo, founded in 2010, secured the money in a top-up to an existing Series D funding round from a tranche of its existing backers plus newbie Credit Suisse. That existing round was for $200m and took place in April 2015. …

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Oh good - Slack was getting a bit mainstream lately...

So they're pouring money into something that is like something else, which isn't making any money too, and is in inself very much like something else again which also isn't making money - that about it? Very innovative guys, keep up the good work!

2. Warm Braw

I'm clearly getting very old

Because:

(a) I hadn't heard of these new-fangled things like Domo, Slack, Jira and New Relic

and

(b) My initial reaction on looking at the Domo website was - "so this is what happened to SharePoint"...

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: I'm clearly getting very old

I must be getting old too, I thought "Slack" was a slang reference to Slackware, and Domo must be some newfangled distro or fork. Google told me Slack is some sort of messaging something or other. Wut? AIM isn't good enough anymore?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like