back to article PARIS paper plane lands in Spanish school textbook

We're delighted to report that our legendary Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) mission has appeared in a Spanish language textbook, agreeably exposing young minds to stratospheric Playmonaut tomfoolery. The book in question is Brújula 5 ("Compass 5"), aimed at 3rd year primary school kids in Valencia... The cover of …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Pint

Moulding young minds, etc...

But I'm not sure how the PARIS mission suddenly goes off onto a tangent into videogames for the last question though.

Maybe if you're lucky one of the other chapters goes into detail about how to apply for permission from officialdom. Or maybe that requires a whole textbook...

1. NoneSuch Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Was going to cry fake...

...when I saw all those pics and no one had a pipe. Then the last image of two guys holding beer renewed my faith in the system.

2. Anonymous Custard
    Headmaster

Just wait til you get home

Lester, you do realise just how much trouble you're going to be in for reprinting that 6 year old picture of the illustrious apprentice boffin, don't you?

At least if she's anything like my proto-teenager semi-boffin first-born and her self-image control...

Top marks for getting into literature though. Maybe the next step is an English (ish) language version for the American market, to subvert their youth into pestering the FAA?

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Just wait til you get home

Yes, I'm sticking my neck out a bit.

2. Roq D. Kasba

Re: Just wait til you get home

As long as the 'see if you can work out why it's called PARIS' question gets bonus marks for it being a painful convolution so you could clickbait Ms Hilton back when she was a thing...

3. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Captain DaFt

"Knowing El reg, it probably exposed them to hundreds of typos and grammatical errors as well..."

Don't worry, the office that printed the textbook had an official at the door barring El Reg writers from the premises until they would buy a permit for an explosives factory. :)

4. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken
    Pint

Congrats, SPB! I think drinks are in order...

Agreed. Pints all round.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
        Pint

Litres surely, on the peninsula?

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Pint

With the SPB, when are drinks not in order?

I guess having their HQ in a bar ought to be a clue...

5. Randy Hudson

Learn how to embed images

In a web page. It's not that hard.

6. Ashley_Pomeroy

I'm put in mind of the Melanesian cargo cults - imagine coming back to Spain many years from now to find the locals worshipping statues of Lester Haines and his magical plane.

That would explain Spain's ghost airports. They weren't part of a real estate scam, they were instead attempts to lure Playmonauts from beyond the stars, a la the Nazca lines. But in Spain. That's my theory anyway.

1. Anonymous Custard
      Joke

You mean they don't already?

Or is it just we SPB enthusiasts and commentards?

7. MonsieurTM

Bravo!

Well do SPB! Proof that you shape young minds! Showing the power of a healthy diet (of ale & bacon)!

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Devil

Re: Bravo!

When will there be a textbook on the much more important Post Pub Deathmatch?

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
        Pirate

Re: Bravo!

Textbook on the Post Pub DeathMatch sounds like a bad idea. Some of the things I've seen in the PPDM as an adult have warped me forever. I can only imagine what they would do to the mind of a child.

2. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Re: Bravo!

Ah yes...

8. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Pint

Excellent, Lester!

How on earth did you manage that one? Many pints, I suspect!

9. Chris G
    Pint

Bevvy

Have one for getting into print and stimulating young minds.

As an afterthought, it is thought by some that the slang word bevvy is an Anglicisation of the Spanish word for drink 'Bebida' brought back to the UK by Wellington's troops after fighting Napoleon on the Peninsular, particularly as there is little or no difference in Spanish between B and V, they are interchangeable most of the time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bevvy

Short for beverage

10. x 7

which Red Arrows pilot did you mug to get that red jumpsuit for Kat?

That's a LOHAN suit. Sadly, by the time we get to launch, she'll have outgrown it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like