back to article SpaceX aborts Falcon 9 launch again

SpaceX has scrubbed its planned orbital delivery with just 101 seconds left on the countdown clock. No reason has been given as yet for the "Hold, hold, hold" command, but the rocket was in the last stages of preparation when it was made. Engineers had been testing the rocket's nine nozzles to make sure all were able to move …

1. Crypts Bloods

Talk about Awkward?

Aborted Space launch: Worst commentator job ever. Full Major Monogram mode.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: Talk about Awkward?

I missed it, but I'm going to have to watch the replay now

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Possible reason...

Maybe they had to abort because the planet suddenly stopped rotating and reversed direction??

Or is there some other reason why Florida is now UTC+7 (or UTC-17??) rather than the traditional UTC-5

" Florida at 1847 local time (1147 UTC) "

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Re: Possible reason...

I think someones finger bounced on the keyboard and it's supposed to be 1:47 UTC?

1. Adrian Jones

Re: Possible reason...

Well, I was watching it just before midnight, UTC.

3. phuzz Silver badge
    Mushroom

I did hear some talk that the O2 loading was taking too long, and wouldn't have been completed before liftoff, so they had to halt, which lead to the abort.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> none of that, which is a good thing.

4. cray74

It happens

The viewing conditions were perfect, clear sky for tens of kilometers and not a cloud to hide the flight from where I stood. I had the webcast and local news going, rousted some friends and...abort. You get used to that. If you ever visit Florida to watch a launch, hope for the best but expect delays, aborts, and a nice day on the beach.

Unusually, local news was less than informative about what happened - I don't think they're used to this particular failure. So, thanks for the article. It filled in some blanks.

5. Anonymous John

An unspecified problem with loading the propellants.

The super-chilled mixture SpaceX now uses has to be loaded much later in the countdown than is usual.

6. Steve Medway
    Joke

"The main job, actually getting the satellite into orbit, is on its way to completion, about 38,000 kilometres up."

Err no it's no, it didn't take off.... Me thinks you doctored a pre written story for a successful launch ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like