back to article Wee little ARM Cortex-A32 core design tugs at engineers' sleeves, wants IoT love too

ARM has designed the Cortex-A32, another processor core for wearables, the Internet of Things, and anything else tiny and most likely battery operated. The new Cortex-A family member uses the ARMv8-A architecture – normally found in 64-bit cores – but is itself a 32-bit CPU. It is essentially a follow up to the Cortex-A5, A7 …

1. Down not across

Crypto

Nice to see the the performance improvement in crypto with a very low power part.

2. msknight

Desktop

I still want an ARM processor for the desktop with 8 gig of RAM, able to hook up to SATA and run a decent fat version of Linux.

1. Salts

Re: Desktop

@msknight

And <$50

2. VinceH

While it only has 2 gigs of RAM, rather than 8, and doesn't run Linux, I do frequently use an ARM processor on the desktop.

1. Chris Evans

My RapidO Ig (Cortex-A15) has 4GB!

1. VinceH

"My RapidO Ig (Cortex-A15) has 4GB!"

Show off! :p

I'll speak to you on Saturday, no doubt.

3. dajames

I still want an ARM processor for the desktop with 8 gig of RAM, able to hook up to SATA and run a decent fat version of Linux.

This!

... and a variety of motherboards in standard sizes ((m)ATX,min-ITX) from the usual mainstream suspects using these components.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like