back to article CSI: Let's get out of the lab, interview the suspect, then do a warrantless search

Is CSI a real thing? No, I don't mean the American TV series about investigating crime scenes: that's clearly a very broad-strokes* take on a real job. I'm talking about Continual Service Improvement – that thing that you see on business cards and on LinkedIn profiles from time to time, and think to yourself: “Is that actually a …

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

To summarise

CSI is fixing what isn't broken. Or have I missed something?

1. 404

Re: To summarise

No, he's going with the Brave Monkey Approach or BMA - Brave Monkeys aren't creative, they just fix the broke shit and go no further. You know them, just good enough to keep kit going but not imaginative enough to be proactive in their IT approach, so the author proposes another IT position (additional CTO or Dreams Manager).

It sounds like area specialization as IT is becoming more of a commodity.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I used to be partial to the

Quality Upgrowth In Numeric Computing Yomp approach, way back when...

1. Kurt Meyer
      Pint

@ allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I can't believe what I'm reading!

Did you mean: Quite Unexpected Insight Nobody Could Yearn for, even back then...

When we meet for drinks, the first round's on me.

3. W Donelson

You complain about CSI ?

What about conservation of mass, especially in kid's movies?

1. Mephistro
      Unhappy

Re: You complain about CSI ?

Don't go all boffinish on films TV shows! Just respecting conservation of momentum would kill most classic cartoon shows, starting with The Roadrunner!!!

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Re: You complain about CSI ?

That's not limited to cartoons any more. Many an action movie suggests a nine stone woman can kick a 20 stone gorilla of a man through a wall without any recoil.

The sound-in-vacuum technology present in most SF films is much more puzzling than the faster-than-light stuff

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like