back to article Imagination Tech's chief Hossein Yassaie quits, shares slide

One of the longest-serving tech chiefs in the world, Imagination Technologies’ CEO Sir Hossein Yassaie, has stepped down, with non-exec director Andrew Heath filling his shoes as interim chief. Yassaie headed the British semiconductor company for 18 years. After establishing a global toehold with its PowerVR (formerly …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. jab701

Re: Missing staff ?

1700 worldwide, 1000 of those are based in the UK

2. MT Field

Dead As Betamax

I applaud almost everything Imagination have done, including showing how you can run a successful tech business in the UK that actually designs and sells things. But any CEO who bets on dead-end tech such as DAB will lose credibility and investor support, and rightly so.

1. Wilseus

Re: Dead As Betamax

The majority of Pure radios have Internet and/or Bluetooth capability now.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

They've also had FM in them for many years.

The only one I can think of that doesn't is the (very old) DRX-701 - a HiFi separate that was DAB only.

1. MT Field

None of the several I bought do, and come to think of it that was many years ago now. Perhaps back then we really believed in it?

3. tojb

value of chief execs much exaggerated

Hossein is a lovely bloke, but it is the corps of battle-hardened programmers and engineers (many at the Watford HQ have been there since they left Acorn back in the eighties) which makes the company valuable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon