back to article Google Search head: I'm off. Yes, I told you yesterday. On Google+

Google's SVP for Search is to leave the company after 15 years and will be replaced by the Chocolate Factory's head of of AI as the company goes hard on machine learning. Amit Singhal announced his intention to "make this important life change" in a Google+ post yesterday evening, and plans to take off on 26 February. He will …

1. Phil Kingston

Announced on Google+?

No wonder it took a while for anyone to notice.

1. Tom 7

Can the search head tell me how to turn off all that collection stuff

that makes Google+ completely unusable?

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Any! Rumours! He! Might! Start! At! Yahoo! Soon! ?

3. David 18

"THE" answer?

"When I started, who would have imagined that in a short period of fifteen years, we would tap a button, ask Google anything and get the answer."

I think he means "An" answer...

4. RyokuMas
    Devil

Got the wrong company...

"I love Google. It is a company that believes in doing the right thing, a company that believes in doing good in the world, a company… that cares."

Either they haven't let him out much, or he's working for a different Google...

5. Mystic Megabyte
    Stop

Stop hanging around

I disabled Hangouts on my phone but it keeps trying to work. Now I repeatedly get "Unfortunately Hangouts has stopped" messages while I'm in the middle of trying to make a call.

I have no idea what it's supposed to be used for, maybe I should Google it :)

6. bish

"our mission..and the impact it has had..cannot be overstated"

Ahem: Google's mission has cured cancer, ended world hunger, conclusively resolved all religious and nationalistic discord and finally proven that we are not alone among the stars.

As my mum always said, there's no such thing as 'cannot'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like