back to article Google to pump free gigabit Fiber into homes of hard-up families

People living in public housing in Kansas City, Missouri, will soon be getting free gigabit internet connections. Google said that it would be rolling out its fiber service to nine public housing facilities in the area, providing gigabit downstream bandwidth to about 1,300 households. The strapped-for-cash residents will also …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think you'll find it's spellt 'fibre'.

2. IT Hack

@AC

Sadly el reg is no longer (and hasn't for a very long time) a totally UK staffed site.

3. IT Hack

Also only one l in spelt

1. Jon B

unless you live in Wales.

4. Ketlan

Well, if we're being super-picky, it should be 'spelled', not 'spelt' or 'spellt'.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Okay, who spellt the smellts?

6. joed

fiber rich diet

and Internet for living

7. Boo Radley

Time to Move?

Perhaps I should move into public housing?

1. John Tserkezis

Re: Time to Move?

"Perhaps I should move into public housing?"

Product reviews, even when they're crap, ALWAYS fair better when they're free. It's a great way to bolster results "legally".

Betcha that's part of what they're doing.

1. Frumious Bandersnatch

Re: Time to Move?

**ALWAYS fair better**

That would be "fare".

(sorry... must be something to do with all the other spelling corrections above)

8. jake Silver badge

"Google said the rollout in Kansas"

It's not in Kansas. The roll-out is in Missouri. Different state, in many ways.

The Kansas half of Kansas City (across the river, and across the state line) would probably have serious issues with massive bandwidth available to all and sundry. c.f. "Kansas State Board of Education".

9. 2460 Something

They are getting installation for free but surely they still have to pay a monthly subscription fee? Or do they have to watch 2minutes of adverts for every 1/30th of a second?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like