back to article Commuters slam UK rail operator c2c. You slow, late, er... privacy violator

Commuters in the south east of England, already angry about recent timetable changes and delays, have been further incensed by basic security blunders by rail operator c2c as it tried to placate passenger disquiet with a new compensation form on its website. The company, which operates rail service between London Fenchurch …

1. TRT Silver badge

One thinks it is time...

to stop employing simple humans.

"which is blamed on simple human error rather than a system issue."

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: One thinks it is time...

or just remove the CC field.

2. Vinyl-Junkie
    FAIL

No wonder...

.,,they are known to the rail community as "Crisis 2 Calamity"!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mass Emails

It's not just the inconvenience that everyone's e-mail addresses were visible it was all the out of office and responses... 500 people creates a mini storm of further e-mail.

1. 's water music

Re: Mass Emails

[ooon storm]

Shirley people don't send OOONs to anyone other than the sender, who deserved it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"No personal financial information was ever solicited through the website – which is just as well with the benefit of hindsight. "

I should hope so too - otherwise, who do they think they are? TalkTalk?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Telling porkies again

"..replaced after a few hours"?? Who are they kidding? They kept denying there was a problem, despite loads of IT people telling them there was, and the unencrypted form remained there for days & days. Still, C2C and the truth have never been known to be close bedfellows ;-)

6. Shadow Systems

C2C has a one track mind...

Maybe someone should train them to do a better job, otherwise they'll just keep chugging along chanting "I think I can!" as they do a loco job of motivating their operators...

But what do I know, I'm just blowing off steam.

*Runs away*

7. weevil

Ironically C2C is one of the best rail operators from a service point of view. But then again if you had the newest fleet and the youngest tracks anything is easy.

8. Bob Doe

Encrypted form, shame about the protocols

Fricking SSL. Poor, v. poor.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=c2c-online.co.uk&latest

1. JCitizen
      Angel

Re: Encrypted form, shame about the protocols

HA! That's not surprising! Good link Bob Doe!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like