back to article Who do you think you are, knitting Mr Hitler?

There's no easy way to lead into this so we'll just come right out with it - according to The Sun one can now obtain knitting patterns to create one's very own cuddly Hitler. Everyone's favourite inflammatory informo-rag has a lovely picture of the "grotesque" yarn-based Fuhrer, who looks snug and stylish in his army-green …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I want one...

...just to piss of self appointed "representatives" of society. I'll put it next to my Gengis Khan and Sadam cuddly toys....

Paris, because it is the best lifesize doll on the market....

2. Samantha Clinton

Thank you..

...for dooming me (and therefore my colleagues in the office) to a long afternoon humming the theme tune to Dad's Army...

3. Tom Doggett

Womb with a view

Instead of taking a fluffy knitted Hitler to work, why not turn up with this little beauty?

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTwomb.html

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

No, by Harry, that's...

Oh. Well... my mistake. Never mind.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Ms Matthews speaks

"It weren't me! It's a stitch-up!" *

[*] The best I can do unfortunately.

6. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Laughed at the headline,

Thought the sub-head was quite amusing,

F***ing wet myself when I noticed the URL!

Great work, keep it up.

7. Richard
    Thumb Up

Headline of the week ...

.... or maybe of the month!

Much respect, Sara!

8. Steve Evans
    Thumb Up

LOL!

Love it... Nice to know there are still people willing to either say "bollox" to political correctness, or are so detached from reality they don't even realise such things might cause offence!

I so wish they are the former, but fear they are the latter!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Is it just me?

Or does Hitler have a rather narrow waist, flared hips and a shirt top which bulges unexpectedly?

Who do you think you are kidding Mrs Hitler?

The brown one please.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

BBC not...

... claiming the copyright on /this/ one, I presume?

11. Michael O'Malley

A nice variation on the old toilet wall joke.

My mother made me a Nazi ...

And if you give her the wool she'll make you one too.

12. A. Lewis
    Coat

I don't mean to knit-pick

But wear is the IT angle? It must've had you in stitches at Reg central I'm sure, but I think these cast-off Sun yarns are purly rubbish.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It only needs one ball

Of wool, obviously.

Mein's the one with the nice crocheted pattern.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Selective memory

>A spokesman for the Jewish Network is quoted in The Sun

Did The Sun get a comment from a spokesperson for the Roma population? Lest we forget, and there are those that would want you to, proportionately the Gypsies suffered far worse than any other people under the hands of Hitler. It makes sense that if anybody should have been asked an opinion it should have been a Gypsy.

15. Dennis

Mein Kampf

Is that Mein Kampf or Mein Camp?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EEEEWWW!

Squint a bit and it looks a little like Mocks Moseley.... wonder how hard it is to clean?

(Oh, and @"Is it just me" AC - you're in need of a (brown) SHIRT icon. The BrownCOATS were the losing side in the war between the Independants and the Central Alliance in Joss Whedon's "Firefly", methinks...)

17. Jeff Rowse
    IT Angle

Sun-sational reporting!

HMG start a nice long holiday just as the country hits the worst economic mishap since the last time, and this is the best the Stun can do?

Nice to see our national media is doing its very best to keep the country well-informed of the [i]really[/i] important things in life...

I believe there's a couple of characters missing from the front of the icon I feel gives a good idea of the importance of such "issues" in the great scheme of things ... no wait, there they are....

S

H

18. blackworx
    Heart

Imagine the possibilities...

You could start up a sock puppet show featuring everyone's favourite despots - with Hiiiilarious (and of course educational) consequences! Something like that is just the wake up call blighty needs to clear her good old streets of all these scrounging imiggint polish workshy hippie dope fiend rapist bagel-loving grannie-stabbing skinhead squatter gangs. I remember when this was all fields why oh why won't somebody please think of the children.

19. Robert Moore
    Coat

GWB

I saw listed a goodly collection of dictators, sociopaths, and warmongers listed but no GWB!!

This is a travesty. Give George W the recognition he deserves!

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Short on wool

Sarah / Moderatrix,

if one was short of wool, would it be acceptable to pimp one's Hitler and tell people that it's actually Herr Himler?

I understand that this might save one ball.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@Chris W

If you're going to use that logic, why didn't they get a spokesperson from SCOPE or any disabled organisation, cos I think you'll find Hitler practiced his techniques on the mentally and physically disabled first.

Perhaps you'd like to join the MCB in boycotting Holocaust Memorial Day, in case it's not sufficiently inclusive!

Tw@t.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Well, we should ...

in the interests of balance have a knitted woolen Churchill too.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Umlaut

Please add dots above the u (Führer). Thank you.

24. Chris G

Wooly thinking

Cuddly Hitlers? Leaves a nazi taste in your mouth

25. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@Stu Reeves

From what I have read, Jenghiz Khan was relatively normal for his time and place in history. Hitler was way over the line in his butchery of multiple peoples in multiple countries and in no way compares. Saddam was only interested in suppressing the relgious and ethnic in Iraq..never mind his foray into Kuwait; he never had the means to do what Hitler did.

26. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

I was trying to find the IT angle on this one

until I belatedly realised it's a previously unexplored corollary of Godwin's Law

27. Hollerith
    Thumb Up

My favorite remains the crocheted fry-up

Still a classic: http://www.eak-art.co.uk/sisters/at%20home/html/forsale.html

with meat and veggie options.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC 16:03

>If you're going to use that logic, why didn't they get a spokesperson from SCOPE.

Because using that logic Gypsies still come out as the most persecuted group whether you like it or not. I don't see what boycotting anything has to do with this historical fact unless you are one of the revisionists who want to rewrite history.

29. J
    Coat

Priceless

But how can one tell it's not actually just a knitted lady (those curves give it away) dressed as Charlie Chaplin's character in that movie? Therefore, no PC-violation. You're welcome.

30. Nick Brighton

Heh

The shop is round the corner from my house. It's near a Buddhist temple & a (very nice) organic, vegetarian female run cafe. I wonder if they've had a spat and decided to annoy the neighbours.

Alternatively there are some groups around Bethnal Green that would be quite happy with something like this.

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Damn, that's just sad...

When we make satire out of Hitler...

32. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

knitted hand grenade

What happens if you take one of these through Heathrow?

33. Colin Millar
    Coat

Its a publicity stunt

for the Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs comeback tour

34. A J Stiles
    Coat

Cuddly Adipose

Cuddly Adipose toys -- official BBC-branded ones, not knitted knock-offs -- will be this years best-selling Christmas gift. Well, that's what it says on a betting slip with my name on it, anyway.

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Its a publicity stunt

I've been tonking away at Little Red Riding Hood all morning and I can't for the life in me figure out how you worked that out.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC "tonking away"

Sir,

that sounds like a crude activity, made worse that the tonked party is a young fictional girl.

Irrespective of any clothing that she might have worn, I doubt that a judge will allow you to use that in mitigation and suspect that you will be handed a long and deserved sentence.

This could be time to claim criminal insanity or raid the Monopoly (TM) box for a "get out of jail free" card.

37. Colin Millar
    Coat

Re: Re: Its a publicity stunt

Knitted Hitler = Wooly Bully

I know - banned for a month

38. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Re: Its a publicity stunt

I'm truly ashamed that I didn't see that.

39. Jay
    Stop

An IT angle?

How about she buys a GPS and realises her shop is in Globe road and NOT Bethnal Green.

40. Pete "oranges" B.

So...

When will the other bosses from Wolfenstein 3D be available?

41. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Knit it a uniform and....

....it will want to invade Poland by lunchtime!

This topic is closed for new posts.