back to article Afraid of getting your iThing pwned? Get yourself iOS 9.2.1

Apple has posted an update for iOS, including patches for 13 CVE-listed security flaws. The Cupertino giant said that the iOS 9.2.1 update bundles the security fixes with a patch for a bug in the Apple Mobile Device manager that had prevented some iOS devices from installing apps. Note that this update will not fix the weird …

1. Youngone Silver badge
    Pint

Apple Updates

This must be the third update I've read about on El Reg, and applied to my iPhone before the phone has even checked for the new version.

Maybe I should start playing a support fee.

I wonder if they take beer?

1. asdf

Re: Apple Updates

Sure you made the writers day (if he reads comments). Usually posters are more than happy to point out they read about something on El Reg in the Daily Mail or whatever UK paper days earlier.

1. ukgnome

Re: Apple Updates

Which is why I have made a note to re-read this article next week and thus maintain the status quo

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remote code execution, but only when run locally on the device?

The Register must be using a definition of "remote" I have not previously encountered...

3. joed

OMG

hopefully this is not 2GB for incremental update (image file size at iphonehacks). this thing will slurp my bandwidth for the night. there has to be better way.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: OMG

Seems to be under 40 megs download

2. jonathanb Silver badge

Re: OMG

38.7MB for my iPad Air 2

4. Omgwtfbbqtime

Mobileiron?

Anyone know if this fixes the issue with managed apps in Mobileiron that was introduced in 9.2?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like