Help! Handwriting to text on Android?

This topic was created by Petrea Mitchell .

1. Petrea Mitchell
    Paris Hilton

I have a family member who is eyeing the Galaxy Tab + S Pen for the following workflow:

1. Enter text via handwriting

2. Export said text to a PC (via Dropbox or somesuch would be okay) as text

3. Do final polishing in a traditional word processor

I've having a suprising amount of trouble locating a suitable app. There are a number of apps that mention handwriting recognition, but I've yet to find one that will export files in some obvious format like plaintext or RTF. Anyone know of a good one I'm overlooking?

Alternatively, is there some other device/software combination that would be better suited to this process?

1. Known Hero

Re: Help! Handwriting to text on Android?

Got my kid a Nvidia shield, Handwriting app came with the device.

Not actually used it mind you, will have a look tonight when i get home for name and if it even works !!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Petrea Mitchell

Re: Help! Handwriting to text on Android?

"I am very disappointed with the build quality, and warranty service, to the point that I don't even consider Samsung products anymore."

Okay, that's definitely a warning flag. What exactly broke?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Petrea Mitchell

Thanks for the details-- I'll pass them along.

3. EvaRays007

When I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with S-pen, it's more disappointing for me. Not working as proper and hang the mobile each time whenever write and one of the issue is that warranty card is also not being used when I show any Samsung store.

4. Known Hero

Finally remembered to try out the handwriting app on the Nvidia Shield, Had to use evernote and it managed to recognise my shitty handwriting so it quite impressive in that manner, But for me input was much slower using handwriting.

Would recommend the Shield for its hardware, It is a solid bit of high quality tech that survives 7 yr old use. and if used for other purposes is solid in every other scenario. browsing games or media.

Then pen is very nice to use and slides over the surface easily so with time would be very quick to use.

The screen is one that actually goes very dim to very bright, most screens kill my eyes in the dark on their lowest setting.

TLDR

Shield tablet is great, no native app, but Evernote is installed by default and works well.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hi, I use Android Manager to export text to PC, also can edit and send text with it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon