back to article ISS expands parking capacity

International Space Station crew members Oleg Kononenko and Sergei Volkov yesterday carried out a five-hour, 54-minute spacewalk (see pic) to install a docking target on the station's Zvezda service module as part of a programme to expand the station's parking capacity. Sergei Volkov and Oleg Kononenko during Tuesday's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Disabled bays

What's the limit of parking bays before they need to paint a wheelchair on one of them?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Welcome to the ISS space services car park

Charges:

Up to 2 hours: FREE

3 hours: £75,000

4 hours: £85,000

Overnight: £150,000

It's just another step on the way to the ISS serving bacon sandwiches and warm bags of maltesers to space truckers.

3. Franklin
    Joke

"I'm sorry, Dave..."

(Insert obligatory reference to recalcitrant sentient computers and pod bay doors here.)

4. Elmer Phud
    Flame

Take over

Them Russkies are taking over everything - they've got our gas our oil and our football. Now they are setting up the ISS for an invasion just as the Americans' attention is elsewhere. This is why they armed all those Afghanis some time back, they knew that in a few years the Americans would be pouring all their money in to weapons. That Bin Laden bloke? look at the beard - he's a Russian, first name is really Ivan not Bin. Next they will be coming down your highstreet in tanks, this is what you get when you let all those immigrants in - the next Russian truck up to the ISS will have 20 asylum seekers in it!

5. Graham Marsden
    Joke

Mode = Red Dwarf...

Rimmer: 'That's it, I'm invoking All-Nations Agreement Article 39436175880932/B.'

Kryten: '39436175880932/B. "All nations attending the conference are only allocated one parking space." Is that entirely relevant sir? I mean, here we are, in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.'

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Charges

Don't forget to double that for USD.

7. Charles Manning

Tradesman's entrance

For the plumber to park up when he comes to fix the bog.

8. Outcast
    Thumb Up

Elite

They'll be renaming it to Diso or Ross 154 soon.. Bring it on.... /me is a trucker.. cues up Space Trucking - DP

9. TimM
    Joke

How long...

before one of those "space trucks" sports a McDonalds logo and carrying a fleet of spotty teen astronaut burger flippers?

10. David Stever
    Alien

Parking spaces

Remember- the new module ups the Russkie parking to four spaces, while on the US side, they've got five empty spaces now, and after next year, they'll have the parking space count up to eight. ...and a lovely porch with a view.

US law says that the handicap space should be the closest to the door, but I don't know which entrance they'd count for that.

11. Thurstan R McDougle

Re: Disabled bays

Once they have one is that when Stephen Hawking can go up?

12. TimM
    Joke

Beach

As soon as they add the beach extension, you can be sure the Germans will enter the space race.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like