back to article Spanish village mounts Playmobil extravaganza

We're delighted to report that the first Playmobil expo in the Spanish village of Tivissa turned out to be a bit of a blinder. We were alerted to last weekend's miniature celebration - forming part of the IV Fira De Natal (Fourth Xmas Festival) - by expat reader Neil Tragham (and yes, that's his real name). Poster for the …

1. TheProf
    Angel

Wonderful

Almost enough to restore my faith in mankind.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Wonderful

Agreed. A marvellous effort.

2. Robin

Re: Wonderful

Molt impressionant!

2. Fraggle850

El Reg well and truly trumped by the Catalan dioramists!

An impressive collection of Playmobil dioramas, El Reg needs to up it's game on the Playmobil front.

1. Steve Gill

Re: El Reg well and truly trumped by the Catalan dioramists!

More Playmobil is always good

(Lego can be used in emergencies)

1. Mark 85
        Unhappy

(Lego can be used in emergencies)

That, sir, is either sacrilege or treason. I'm not sure which and being it's Friday I can be arsed to sort it out.

1. Steve Gill

I did specify only for emergencies - meaning specifically Playmobil shortage type emergencies

3. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

Playmobil or it didn't ....

Oh, hang on....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'd better be going

4. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
    Coat

Xmas In Catalunya

Is there a playmobil caganer?

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Happy

Re: Xmas In Catalunya

And in the Roman "Battle of Bejesus" scene, was "Romanes eunt domum" spotted on any walls?

5. Fraggle850
    Black Helicopters

Were I of the tinfoil hat persuasion...

...I'd be mightily suspicious of the inclusion of an Elvis scene and also at the inclusion of an astronaut in the nativity scene - they are obviously trying to send some coded message. I'd guess that they also have a top secret JFK assassination diorama in some concealed room in the Casal Cultural that only top-echelon cognoscenti have access to, you know, one that shows the positions of ALL the gunmen.

The astronaut is of particular interest: I don't suppose it's the 'plucky playmonaut' who *allegedly* met a sticky end in a watery grave somewhere in La Manche way back in 2012?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/04/spears_flight/

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: Were I of the tinfoil hat persuasion...

Are you suggesting the Plucky Playmonaut faked his death to cover up that the PARIS landing was faked in a TV studio on the moon and Ancient Playmonauts actually were around for the birth of Jesus just like in that Chris de Burgh song that was actually written by Christopher Marlowe?

I'm sold.

1. Fraggle850

Sounds feasible. I'm not sure where Elvis fits in though, probably something to do with him faking his own death as part of his undercover operations for the DEA. Perhaps he's also living in truck in the remote Spanish mountains? Perfect place for him to mastermind some shady Playmobil smuggling operation.

2. Mark 85

I'd guess that they also have a top secret JFK assassination diorama in some concealed room in the Casal Cultural that only top-echelon cognoscenti have access to, you know, one that shows the positions of ALL the gunmen.

They did... take another look at the Colorado Springs pic.

3. MrT

If that's Elvis, where's his chip shop? There's also a shocking lack of unicorns at the nativity scene...

1. Fraggle850

The chip shop was a convenient front operation in the eighties but he's moved on since his cover was blown.

4. Down not across
      Coat

I'd guess that they also have a top secret JFK assassination diorama in some concealed room in the Casal Cultural that only top-echelon cognoscenti have access to, you know, one that shows the positions of ALL the gunmen.

But... we all know Lister convinced him to shoot himself.

6. Jimboom

I applaud their efforts

However, having been gifted playmobile sets in the past for my spawn I can say one thing... I hope they don't lose any of the building pieces (the plastic bits in between the buildings that stick them together)

And... that must have cost a small fortune for all those separate kits ... no wonder Spain is not in good shape financially!

7. Your alien overlord - fear me

You know even Elvis has a dragon in it? Looks like he's about to boil the pond and have flamingo soup.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Chris G

Pero no pisas mis zapatos de gamuza azul.

The Elvis diorama is reminiscent of his Vegas days,apart from the dragon.

Re the title Elvis does not translate well into Spanish,I've heard one or two really awful renditions, plus many Spanish singers can't.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Pero no pisas mis zapatos de gamuza azul.

Should be 'pises' not 'pisas'

10. thomas k

OMG!

Must have the flamingos!!!

11. Anthony Hulse

Nadal, not Natal

It's Catalan, not Portuguese

12. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Unhappy

Where's the Bacon?

I read the following

"Anyway, back to the action. "

as "Anyway, back to the bacon"

It's just my mind has gotten used to high incidence references to pork products in articles from the Iberian Bureau,

Just looked in the fridge - no Bacon there either for a fry-up this Sunday morning. Ahhhhhhhhh!

13. cosymart
    Holmes

Cat

They even managed to get Schroedinger's cat to play a bit part in the Elvis scene :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like