back to article Mandatory data breach reporting rules finally agreed by EUrocrats

After five hours of negotiations on 7 December, members of the European Parliament and Council finally settled on the wording of the EU's Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive. The directive was first proposed in 2013 as a means of forwarding the European Union's cybersecurity strategy. As it is a directive, rather …

1. Phil Miesle

"to whom"...

If you're going to use "thou" you should at least use "whom" when it is an objective position :)

1. Ben Rose
      Megaphone

Re: "to whom"...

Beat me to it :O)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: "to whom"

Beat me to it as well!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Waiting is

Would possibly provide guidance here on the left side of the pond. Lord knows we need it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

" the cybersecurity regulation will likely be enforced by a commissioner in Blighty – though whether that will be an existing commissioner, or whether a new commissioner's office will be established, is unclear"

it'll be a new one. Dido Harding looking for a job yet?

1. mrbawsaq

Dido Harding will probably be appointed commissioner. Given here "extensive experience" in security breaches.

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Critical national infrastructure

"operators in energy, transport, health, and banking"

Surely water, including drainage, and communications,including internet services, should be included as part of that infrastructure.

6. Naselus

Is it just me

who can;'t read Nigel Hawthorn's name without immediately thinking of Nigel Hawthorne? It's impossible to take his statements seriously when you're imagining them being said by Sir Humphrey Appleby.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like