back to article CloudFlare intros HTTP/2, so we can ‘spend holiday time with our family’

CloudFlare is introducing HTTP/2 support for all of its users, to be available on all SSL/TLS connections – while still supporting SPDY – so netizens can spend more time with their families instead of waiting for pages to load this Christmas. Talking to The Register on Tuesday night, CloudFlare CEO Matthew Prince explained the …

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Go

Great news

I take my hat off to CloudFlare for really working hard on this and providing it at no extra cost.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Great news

It's a net saving for them too, since HTTP2 compresses headers.

2. TheInternetsFullOfNumbers
      Go

Re: Great news

I take my hat off to the individuals in NGINX who worked really hard on this and provided it at no cost (open-source) so that anyone (including CloudFlare) can use it

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hats off to the people who are forced to be unpaid beta testers so that the people who do pay get a less buggy service :-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm going to wait for HTTP3.

1. NotBob
      Joke

Maybe we can just get a service pack. HTTP2SP1RC3 or the like?

1. Donkey Molestor X

HTTP2SP1RC3? Sounds like you've sprinkled CRISPR/Cas9 on your HTTP RFCs. Are you trying to genesplice an abomination?

2. Captain DaFt

"I'm going to wait for HTTP3."

Nah, better to wait until the prequels.

3. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

I'm going to stick with HTTP/1.1, which does everything I need and contains significantly less stupidity.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's the quiet bahstads you've got to watch....

Hell, didn't even know they had a free tier. Still, well done, every one.

1. Andrew Jones 2

Re: It's the quiet bahstads you've got to watch....

You will have missed the announcement of SSL being activated for all the free tier customers a few months back then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like