back to article Randall 'xkcd' Munroe. Live. You get to ask him stuff. No biggie

El Reg extends a Large Hadron Collider-sized thank you to everybody who entered our Randall Munroe Thing Explainer book quiz. We received more than 600 entries but there could be just five winners. Those receiving a copy of Thing Explainer signed by Munroe are: Simon Reveley Jim Thurston Chris Wilkinson Ben Gaines Simon …

1. Efros

Thing Explainer

Not that it needs it, but I highly recommend this book for the young nerds in your life. I bought it for myself and it has now been nicked by my 12 year old grandson. Looks as if I'm going to have to get another copy for myself.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ugh

I just went to Amazon to find that a hardback copy of this book costs £5.09 but the Kindle download version is £10.99

Greedy fuckers.

1. James 51
      FAIL

Re: Ugh

Blacklibrary are charing more for some ebooks over paperback as well.

1. THMONSTER
        Coat

"Blacklibrary are charing more for some ebooks over paperback as well."

Ideal if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then!

2. auburnman

The stores selling for anything under a tenner are highly likely to be scammers trying to cash in over Christmas. I ordered a few as gifts* day 1 and they were £11.89.

*Plus one for me of course.

3. Efros

TBH the material is not that conducive to ebook format. there is a foldout drawing every other page just about.

4. Matthew 3

At least part of that difference is accounted for by VAT - ebooks are taxed and real ones aren't.

3. adnim
    Joke

I might need psychiatric help, or glasses.

I read..."You get to ask him stiff. No biggie"

1. AndyS

Re: I might need psychiatric help, or glasses.

Aren't you going to tell me whose voice you read it in too? Or what tune is now going round your head?

Alternatively don't, I hear Reddit welcomes comments like that.

4. Craig 2

I love XKCD, mainly because of the fact that I don't "get" some of the jokes so it turns into a learning experience :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon