back to article Eclipse staggers to feet, gets smacked by second DDoS

Internet provider Eclipse has been hit by a DDoS attack, the second wave of an attack which began on Monday. In an email sent to customers seen by The Register, Eclipse said: "We are currently experiencing another occurrence of the DDoS attack which occurred on Monday the 23rd. This means that internet based services may not …

1. Daniel Hall

Worldwide

We've been monitoring the DDoS attacks all over the world via http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=0&time=16759&view=map and there was at one point 118gbps coming into the UK identified as DDoS from the Korea/Thialand areas

2. Mr_Pitiful

Hmmm

I was wondering why my VOIP phone wasn't working!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm an Eclipse customer

...and I'd rather them fight this, rather than pay ransoms. Yes, it's a pain and a real inconvenience, (putting it politely) but... it costs the crims to mount DDoS attacks; there needs to be no profit in it. Otherwise they'll just come back and attack again. :-(

4. A Non e-mouse Silver badge

A&A Also affected

A&A Also suffered an attack last week too:

www.aaisp.net/news-20151119-dos.html

5. David Roberts

Just as well..

.....you didn't name Daniel then.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Coat

Will the real Daniel please stand up ?

1. Daniel Hall

(Stands up)

Stuff it, If I get questioned, ill just say I raised the issue with the Reg to let everyone know why they might not be able to access the net!

6. Brian Cockburn

I'm an Eclipse customer and I have had only poor service, no email telling me anything. In fact the last communication I had from them was along these lines: Me "When will you be implementing secure email connections?" Eclipse: "Never. We don't care. Use webmail."

7. Alex Bailey

To be honest I thought it was business as usual...

I've been a domestic customer of Eclipse for 13 years and until recently they were really good but I upgraded to their unlimited fibre broadband service in the summer (after being hit by caps on the cheaper services) only to find that they throttle many services (YouTube and streaming services such as iTunes and Sky TV being the main ones - which is far from useful when you work from home AND have teenagers in the house) which I'm told is because of an apparent "fair usage policy".

When the DDoS started on Monday I merely assumed they'd ramped up their throttling!

1. genghis_uk

I was also an Eclipse domestic customer for close to 13 years - I recently moved due to excessive caps exacerbated by treating weekend daytime as peak time (really?).

Ironically I have been logging DDoS attacks for a couple of days with the new ISP but nothing that is actually causing issues...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like