back to article 3ROS exploit wins plaudits for the prettiest Mal-GUI ever

The 3ROS exploit kit is one of the most user-friendly malware tools to have emerged and will likely spawn variants, malware men say. Exploit kits are the preferred method of infecting large numbers of web users. The malware often packs a series of known and zero day exploits against major browsers and software like FireFox and …

1. Mage Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Good

Soon it will have ribbon, tiles, inconsistent configuration options, require crysis capable GPU & CPU, only run on latest versions of OS X and Windows and generally involve the developers spending 95% of effort maintaining the eye Candy.

I welcome this as it will distract from the development of effective malware/

1. sabroni Silver badge

Re: Good

This has little to do with malware development, it's about getting a product out to non-technical users and making it attractive to them. People will give things that look nice a chance but give up on things that look ugly. This malware will get more use because more people will stick with it because of it's attractive gui.

2. chivo243 Silver badge
    Joke

Not native english speaker?

Are you have exploit undetected? Maybe I could get a job spell checking for the crims?

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Trollface

All your spells are belong to them.

1. AbelSoul
        Trollface

Re: All your spells are belong to them.

I can has malzburger?

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Impressive

But what happens when the targeted user is sitting behind router/firewall ?

Does the malware also do NAT insertion into said router ? Because if not, remote commands are going to be difficult, no ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Windows

Re: Impressive

You get the user to download the thing which is embarrassingly easy in many cases *sigh*. Then it phones home for orders.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder

If anyone's used these kits to broadcast patches?

Use the exploit as a means to fix it.

5. HAL-9000
    Thumb Up

10/10 Couldn't agree more

"Malware and network-compromising web scum "

More rational objective reporting like this required, they are scum indeed.

It's a shame we cannot upvote the author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like